1/32 Hasegawa/Dragon Mustang

Ironwing

Thats it for the D for now. The wing needs to be finished off and attached, blended at the wing root, finish scribed, and painted. Then it will get an over spray of lacquer to protect the paint.

Hope everyone is well...

Regards,

Geoff

PS,

Someone we all know and love msg'd me privately and was concerned about the "off register decal". The decal isnt off register. Its sitting on a piece of double sided tape which holds it to the fuselage for the pics. The area behind it is white and it makes it look odd. Thanks Bud...

post-1406-1229263573.jpg

Dave,

Thanks for the compliment.

Brian,

I know what you mean about painting on the markings. Its something I need to get better at but the effort is well worth the outcome. I put that shot looking into the pit in here just for you :lol:

Many thanks...Geoff

The national insignia is just taped in place for the time being.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but that seemed like a pretty good explanation to me. (regards the PM)

I like the way that white stands out against the OD, and now that it's painted the Inst. panel looks even more realistic!

Still--with all the hours you have into the exterrior fuselage and wings I was hoping you'd find a way to do it in NM just to make all that exceptional detail more evident.

If my learning curve with the airbrush doesn't improve drastically by the end of my current build, I'll be tempted to hire somebody to paint it for me. :lol:

Fred

Geoff,

Nothing new to add--you're work is incredible as usual. I have followed this build with great interest and have learned a great deal--about modelling and the Mustang--in the process. You have definitely set the bar for detailing and research. Well-done, Sir.

Best wishes to all for a happy and safe holiday season.

Regards,

Jim

P-51 SIG Mod.

Finally got a look at your masterpiece with some color on her. What a great choice of schemes man! I really love that look. Not enough guys go for that look ,in my opinion. It really captures the essence of the "Army" aircorp imo.

Lookin' cool as always Geoff.

Did you see my newest parts on sig yet?

JR

AWESOME DUDE!!! The colors and markings are perfect. The stencils are just about what the real ones look like, not perfect. I thought you did it on purpose, (once some guys I know were helping thrash a damaged racer together and two WWII veteran cowling panels with brushed art were borrowed for a test flight, they looked absolutely crude and rude in comparison to modern day perfection stuff, kinda like the difference between some of our modern decals and reality of way back when) It all goes together like a package to my eye!

The panel and cockpit look better now than before, not always the case. You've done it so well. Good on ya', man.

I found a bunch of Paul Mantz photos of him and his Mustang in my color scheme in that Time library written about on the SIG site. I'm making a bust of him in his flying clothes (modding a Revell pilot) and fitting it into the cockpit on my model. Finishing Dad's Staggerwing for Christmas so I'm way overcooked and behind with everything. What else is new. Going back to work in Jan. All is well, hope you are too.

Chris...

Hey Mac,

Good to hear from you. Thanks for looking in and the kind words. Also good to hear youre finally going back to work. I wouldnt want you to get accustomed to sitting around playing with airplanes all day. Post some pics of the Staggerwing when you get her finished. Im sure it will be sweet. All is well here and I hope you and yours have a great holiday.

Be well Bud...

Geoff

JR,

Thats for looking in . Your comments are always encouraging, I checked out the new stuff. It all looks great. Youe be getting an order shortly for some of the detail stuff. I hope the holidays are good for you and yours. Talk to you soon...

Be well,

Geoff

Guys,

Happy (and safe) Holidays to you all. I have really enjoyed following this (and other) build and look forward to seeing more of it in the coming year. Also, I want to thank you for the interaction with us on the P-51 SIG. We have all learned a lot and enjoyed the many detailed discussions. Here's to another great year of builds and discussions! Best to All...

Jim