1/32 Hasegawa/Dragon Mustang

Ironwing

The tanks originally were steel, and to the best of my knowledge, finished (painted) using aluminized lacquer to retard oxidation. I must admit that I made an assumption about the color of these tanks when I finished them in neutral gray.

post-1406-1235355981.jpg

I thought it might be a good idea to see if the mains fit as I thought they would :P. It gets pretty tight with the tank in place. At first I thought the tank was overly large, but after checking a few period photos the outer gear door and the tank have very little space between them.

post-1406-1235356310.jpg

The finished glycol and oil cooler outlets. The oil cooler outlet is the small one in front. The oulet ramps are made from aluminum as are the doors. The use of aluminum was the only way to get scale thickness without sacrificing strength. I know Ive said it before, but once you try the aluminum you'll begin using it for many more applications. It really is easy to work with.

post-1406-1235356790.jpg

Hooray! an update to my favorite thread to lurk in! :P Seriously, though, this is as impressive as anything I've seen done to a (couple of) plastic models, EVER. Keep them coming!

m

Thanks mschoo, your compliment is most appreciated. I hope this thread, in some way, might help you in some way. Thanks for looking in...

Best,

Geoff

What took you so long Geoff, this is an update i can never miss. I still await all these details on a CD and i will be the first to buy one. that is amazing as usual, the canopy is beautiful, i don;t know what other adjective to use and those external tanks look absolutely real. Amazing work as usual and thanks for keeping us up to date. This is definitely the mother of all mustang models.

Geoff,

Your Mustang is looking pretty amazing right now - I can only just begin to imagine how realistic it shall look when completed. I can only but echo the praises of the other (more worthy) members really.

As for slowest modeller on this site, it must surely be me - I still have not completed my first 1/32 scale kit after other four years membership of LSP! <_< (Master patterns don't count ;) ).

Cheers

Derek

Fred, Jean,Brian, Silver,

Thanks ever so much for your superlatives and kindness. You have followed this thread for a long time and I genuinely appreciate your long standing support. Hopefully, if al goes as planned it wont be much longer before it's done. Some time ago I read a quote by someone who said "You never finish a scale model, you just stop working on it." I think Im about there :blink:

Again, thanks so much, your opinions, support and help have been invaluable.

Best Alwyas,

Geoff

PS,

"S" word? you mean SLOW? :lol: