tomy A6 M2?

R Hunt

Had this kit a while back. Paid $6 for it, and gave it away. HUGE rivets and very basic detailing. I'm not sure what it would take to backdate a -5 to a -2, other than the cowl and exhaust, it prolly would be worth it using a Hase Zero. :)

:)

OK, I guess i'm gonna have to print a retraction here- The model reviewed by the good Dr. isn't the one I had. Now I'm going to have to research which kit I had. Maybe I can start by asking; "Who made the worst 1/32 Zero kit?"

Thanks,

Lee

R Hunt, the tomy a6m2 is decent,with delicate recessed rivet and panel line detail.downside:1/2 cockpitfor motoization or rough 'pit to start detailing. Pascal H makes a superb 'wired' cockpit for the Rufe, and that can easily be corrected for the carrier based a6m2. look in ,I think the photostories heading here(LSP) a6m5 P/E available from eduard. Pascal also makes flaps and an incredible cowl for the -m2/Rufe. the m5 needs a minimum of wing tips(folding type) cowl, and cockpit,along with engine to be correct. the tomy kit also may come with white metal U/C and the arrester hook. decent decals in the tomy kit i think for the pearl harbor Zekes'. good luck

mike in calif

PS If you score a -m2 Pascal also makes his incredible Rufe conversion which can be found on this site as well. cheers mike

Thanks again! I already planned on trying for both and if I get lucky in that I will build one into a Rufe so long as I can get the Pascal sets , although I thought I heard that He was going to quit? hope thats not ture.

Bob.

P.s. what is "wired" mean?

Bob, Pascals 'wired' set has his original scale wiring for the sides and floor of the cockpit that I suspect he used for his personal masters- this is molded into the parts and only requires careful painting; imho very well done. He has also done some stuff for the F-5 photo recon lightning. I will try to find an e-mail for him tomorrow and respond to this post. I have all of the parts mentioned here and they are extraordinary- I hope to do two Rufes eventually with his parts- hth mike in calif

I second Mike's comments. I have Pascal's earlier version and it is very good too.

BTW: the Doyusha boxing is still available from HLJ I believe - at least it was a few months ago when I got mine!

Hello all, went thru some back e-mails - try this to reach Pascal Huegot: apollo44@wanadoo.fr don't know if this is still current but if it is he makes incredible resin parts. He also has a Ki-100 conversion prototype and possibly a Rex? conversion prototype. also some P-38 conversion stuff, all very cool. let me know if this works good luck, Mike in calif