Hobbyboss Spitfire Vb Trop

dennismcc

Time to start my second planned build of 3 Spitfires for 2016 as the other Hobbyboss Spitfire Vb is at the paint stage, this one will be a USAAF desert Spitfire, as for the Vb I will be relying on the contents of my "Edgar" files, it's sad to think that he will not be chipping in with information, but on with the photos;

Box art

GCutx0.jpg

Contents, I will not get into too many details as I have already done so in my other build http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=59520&hl=

xSXLlb.jpg

The differences are mainly in the instructions, markings and one sprue with the Trop parts.

YG15wv.jpg

umpfKn.jpg

5QsMVJ.jpg

566ysz.jpg

The decals are nicely wrapped up and as I am not going to use them I have left them alone

UFgX3X.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc
Replaced Photobucket photos

For this build I will be using some after market resin and I hope to finish off with paint masks for the markings, first up is the excellent Barracuda parts, I've used the same p[arts on the other build and they are great.

qwqIAW.jpg

And those nice people at HPH sold me this set, the main part of which for me is the clear parts as the kit parts are wrong for a Vb Trop.

J26BlW.jpg

And fabric seat belts, I used RB productions belts on the other kit and they were a revelation, I hope these ones are as good.

jlj7LF.jpg

These will be another new thing for me, paint masks for the camouflage finish, they must be faster than the blu tac sausages and paper that I normally use.

Lbx63h.jpg

And for the identity of the finished article I have the following to choose from,

1m6hlz.jpg

AwS7nF.jpg

Ans so onto the build

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc
Replaced Photobucket photos

Shall be following with interest Dennis, pretty well mirrors my build, which scheme are you thinking of going for.

Regards. Andy

Have not decided yet Andy I will be scanning through my books looking for photos and will decide on the basis of which one I can find photos off.

That's a lot of juicy looking AM stuff Dennis.

Max

Thanks Max, I've still got another of those great Yahu IP's on the way, plus some Quickboost exhausts, and a resin prop from the guys at Grey Matter Figures coming my way which tends to defeat the object of doing a cheap build !!!

Cheers

Dennis

That's a super bunch of aftermarket to spruce up the base kit Dennis. I look forward to seeing how she looks.

I've used HGW belts before and they look good even if they are a smidge fiddly. (I suspect I may end up getting some for my project.)

Cheers.

That's a super bunch of aftermarket to spruce up the base kit Dennis. I look forward to seeing how she looks.

I've used HGW belts before and they look good even if they are a smidge fiddly. (I suspect I may end up getting some for my project.)

Cheers.

It's nice to hear that the HGW belts are good, I'm now totally converted to fabric rather than PE.

Nice one, Den! You've certainly got enough there to whip this Hobbyboss kit into shape!

Kev

I certainly hope so Kev

Cheers

Dennis

That aftermarket collection is a site to behold. One question, does the Trop kit have the same rear elevator issue as the "normal" Vb i.e riveted one side "fabric" the other. 

Im interested to see what the aftermarket does for the kit. 

Yes the elevators are the same but I have the Exito replacements ready to go as per my Vb build, http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=59520&page=5

The HPH detail set also has replacements for the kit items.

Cheers

Dennis

On with the build, as usual I have started to cut parts from their sprues and where necessary I have mounted them ready for painting.

tMVmP7.jpg

cRVxab.jpg

21JmtN.jpg

A little bit of hole drilling and this time I will cut a slot for the bracing between the two frames before I assemble the cockpit, and make sure that I can run the seat belts through the bulkhead.

2tiRFr.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc
Replacing Photobucket photos