pilot and crews figures by Reedoak

norbert

On the above figure's head, did you simply paint the solid resin lenses in a gloss black or have you replaced the glass portion with clear acetate or similar?

It is available at reedoak.com.

Norbert

Thanks Norbert, order placed. Next time I think I'll take the 20% discount option by leaving the attachment gates in place and cleaning the figure up myself though.

Cheers.

On the above figure's head, did you simply paint the solid resin lenses in a gloss black or have you replaced the glass portion with clear acetate or similar?

Thanks Norbert, order placed. Next time I think I'll take the 20% discount option by leaving the attachment gates in place and cleaning the figure up myself though.

Cheers.

Thanks for the order. 

On the model above, I simply paint plain resin lenses in black (have to add a gloss warnish but it is relatively glossy)

For clear acetate, I may have to find out how to cut at the exact shape, plus how to add the frame. Will try that when I do my WW2 germans...

In any case the eyes are behind the glasses, they just hold with the 2 branches and the nose like the real ones.

The whole, figure plus glasses, is printed in one piece

cheers

Well, had to do some paint, I have an exhibition in 3 days.

First attempt for something looking like a digital ACU uniform, was a little afraid of that but it was more a question of patience

35zj_zpsxarg69uy.jpg

35zk_zpsxpv10vq9.jpg

Now I think I can do better, the hardest is to do that between printing, packing, designing, etc...

Norbert

Many thanks to all.

Sadly, you can't use the deck crews with 70/80 planes, the life preserver (green, white, yellow, etc...)was realy different at that time.

Here it depicts the latest version. same with the goggles.

however, this earlier version is in projects, and hope to make the pilots too.

Norbert

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

2 more army helicopter crews are ready now :

an additional standing pilot with body armor, and different face

And finaly the first of the seated pilot : with flotation collar for operation over water, straps, seat without frame, cyclic, collective, also without frame, and pedals. Suits Academy blackhawk, you will normaly have to move the seat frame a bit back, or bend it back like on the pictures.

35zp_zpsbglsgvlb.jpg

35zn_zpsaitdlhnj.jpg

35zm_zpsjhjfaytb.jpg

On the last picture, we have also a french Armée de l'Air pilot in 1/32 (squadron 2/33, but you can file the patches...)

32f_zpsugmjcgma.jpg

32g_zpshnnodni1.jpg

Norbert

Now I can start again the copilot...

Good stuff Norbert. I'm saving up for more of your figures and will include this new French pilote on my list.

(Here's my version of one of your recent releases if you are interested. http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=58737&page=2.

The sunglasses look just fine in resin. )

Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Good stuff Norbert. I'm saving up for more of your figures and will include this new French pilote on my list.

(Here's my version of one of your recent releases if you are interested. http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=58737&page=2.

The sunglasses look just fine in resin. )

Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Well done. Was thinking to get some names, flags, from Echelon or Alliance Model Works decals. Or ask Floyd Werner if he would do a patch set in different scales

Norbert

• 2 weeks later...

A small post to help this one go up ...

I had Reedoak do a trial print of the engine for my Mystery Ship. The result is simply brilliant, finer and with better resolution than the other trial I posted pics of.

So, I will concur that Norbert and Hubert (not me ;) ) do a fantastic job and you can really be confident their products are the best you can find :)

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers