Mals Way...FW190A8 R2 (R8) Part: I. Stürmbock.

Mal_Belford

Allright.

Where to start.....ok.

The kit is a Hasegawa FW190A8 1:32. The indevid ive chosen is Oskar Bosch, that cought me were that camoflage pattern and it shure got me hooked to do this indevid.

FW_190_a8.jpg

2_192.jpg

This one is my first conversion try and this one got No:12 in finnished models since my restart, keep em numbered, havent builded in 19-20yrs and restarted approx 2yrs ago now.

I went for a variant on this one, R2, so needed to scratch some parts, that armour on the sides were used evergreen plastic card, and new barrels and joints/parts were scratched since ive learned that they were not covered, as one mentioned Hasegawas No Nos on this one..them armoured glasses were scratched using evergreen plastic card.

ive riveted this one using radub riveter and also his scriber, the paints ive mostly used were Vallejos Model and Air colors, all the camo were freehand airbrushed, som detail painting ive used tamiya, clear coats were Tamiyas, and finaly Flat coat decanned Tamiya TS80 wich in my opinion is superior (tried several ones before, but it works for me), for weathering engine, cockpit wheelbays, landing gear ive used oilcolors, and overall weathering ive used Florys washes.

The build itself went smooth, the fit were very good, i didnt need any putty at all, exept used Tamiya putty disolved in acetone to use as surfacer on wingroots, the joint wingroot/engine were a little tricky there ive used CA glue and baking powder to fix it, i did not go for perfect as Kev mentioned that it were never perfect fit, there were gaps, so i went for that No Perfect thing....that also resulted in the fact taht there is a gap on the rack that holds the fueltank hade to be fixed, there were no gap so fixed that wit some plastic card.

The only aftermarket ive used on this one were in fact only seatbelts from HGW, they were grat to use in my opinion,

The only decals used on this one is the one on the armoured headrest, info/warning decals on the fuselage, insignia and crossed were painted also that square on the wings...in a way i paint all that i can paint.

I Got to give special thanks to Greg, Martin and Brian who helped me alot with info, tips and detail information during this build, im very greatfull for your help guys....

The kit is very high recomended to do this version in my opinion.

You can check the buildlog here.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=49300

allright over to some pics....

IMG_1651_zps60ff3e17.jpg

IMG_1650_zpse326cd83.jpg

IMG_1649_zpsbb8cdd1d.jpg

IMG_1648_zps4fe1445b.jpg

IMG_1647_zpsd13e7899.jpg

Edited by Mal_Belford

Mal, I have to say this is one nice Wurger. Your scratch-building skills are top notch and the whole build was such a joyful ride.Well presented, documented and kindly entertaining and motivational. Thank You for sharing. I am looking forward to your next project.
Cheers
M.

Thanks all for the kind words.

Im glad that those who followed this trip part 1 had a great time with me,

i think for me were very educating this one, since seeing own work posted pushes me forward, seing my own photos i think, i can do that better, finetune, also very greatfull for tips, hints and ideas.

as Brian mentioned, im the worst critics, were there things i could do better and so on afterwords, but at the same time honest to myself and realize this is how far my skills and teqhnics take me for the moment, new models are in the horizon to develop them further abd most important of all is having a fun and a good time.

/Mal

Most impressive build Mal, I've said it before and I'll say it again- EXACTLY the markings I would choose!  Love the monochromatic look of the aircraft, nothing but grey white and black- PERFECT!  I can't think of a single thing I would change, it is breathtaking!

Thanks Buddy i appriciate alot..

Yeah im in to it to, had to think first, and it really fits, that insignias and crosses wete used Tamiyas rubber black and that white were Vallejos greywhite, since i wanted to knock that contrast a bit, and that black exhaust panel i went for Tamiya Nato black. instead of black.

/Mal