PCM 1/32 Re. 2005..... tale of an elegant fighter

alaninaustria

I am very happy that you guys like my Italian Beauty... I do too!! ;) It must be the curves and that damn German engine

Alan :lol:

Yeah those Italian ladies can be the most curvey and sexy ladies at times. Nicely done alan l thinking down the road a bit of getting one of these beauties

Alan,

She has turned out to be a very elegent aircraft indeed - you must be (rightly so) very proud of your handy work. Beautiful finish as well. The undercarriage keeps reminding me of a B-P Defiant for some strange reason! Well done Alan, you'll need a 'rest' model to build now!

Regards

Derek

• 2 weeks later...

Hej guys, thanks for the kind compliments! I will hopefully one day soon have all the small stuff finished on this build!

Stay tuned!

Cheers and thanks again for the positive encouragement!

Alan......... a lover of all things Italian!! ;)

Hi Alan.

Once again I find myself chiming in far too late and have to spend a good part of the afternoon waiting for pics to download.

Once again I find myself looking at a spectacular build.

I love it. The crank handle definitely finishes it off!

Keith.

Hej guys, thanks for droping on in and for the kind comments, I do appreciate it!

Keith, better late than never my friend!! :P You're forgiven this time round!!

Aloha, thanks for signing up for LSP, and for switching scales, I am glad to hear that my build of the Re 2005 has been interesting for you and the others....... welcome brother! You will learn everything you need right here at LSP for your upcoming 32nd scale builds!! Don't be afraid to ask questions, or ask for advice.... the helping brothers of LSP will give you all the help and encouragement and support one could ever need!! ;) I'll drop you a PM after this, so keep an eye open on your PM box! ;) Don't forget to pick one of these beauts up from PCM!

Dave, thanks again for the kind comments mate! I can't wait to see your beaut'Spit finsihed up!! Now get back to the bench!! ;) :P B)

Model on men, and one day soon I'll get all the small parts of this build wrapped up... I promise! ;) B)

Cheers

Alan B)

• 4 weeks later...

Alan,

An absolutely beautiful buid and the instructional level was great...great ideas on pinning, pre-drilling for etched pieces, etc. I would love to have you and Jean and Radu give a tutorial on the use of the lathe.

Once again a fantastic build...can't wait to get one of these.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, thanks for the nice words and sorry for the late reply. Shoki: I just went with my gut feeling... and a few photos I found on the web. Roger, the lathe use is all self taught... just be forwarned.... once you start playing with a lathe... you can't stop mate!!

Cheers and happy modelling guys!

Alan :D

• 4 years later...

Hi Alan,

I just started working on the same PCM kit you did years ago and I must say that I'm using your thread as very valuable guide, but I have a question for you.

On post no. 163 you mentioned riveting on fuselage and wings according to references you found, could you pls let me know which references did you used?

I know that riveting on Reggiane birds was very evident, like in this photo of, I think, a Re 2001

aladx-vi.jpg

Many thanks in advance for your answer.

Alberto

Edited by alberto49

• 5 years later...
  • 5 years later...