Hungarian Bf109G-14, Part II

dodgem37

Thank You Mark for your generosity. In order not to hijack your thread I should open my own topic. To answer Kais question. Well there is proportional difference cca 2 mm on each side. It is mainly caused by shorter nose of the Hase. kit. Before connecting the power egg into Revells fuselage I glued 3 mm (1/8") spacer in between them and sanded down the lower edge of Hasegawas piece, just by the exhaust. The rest was achieved with the help of heavy use of the epoxy putty. Needless to say that the whole Hase. engine part was sanded down to take off the meaty look. Once again I do not want to hijack Mark's topic, so I may open something else, somewhere else, sometime or else :).

Cheers

M.

Edited by Martinnfb

• 1 year later...

The pictures on page one just make me think "he absolutely doen't need any resin after marker....". In Fact, your work is even better than any resin cockpit ! Great job !

Edited by Zero77

Thank you for stopping by, viewing, and complimenting the build.  I've been busy with SWMBO Honey Do List.  It seems when one thing gets crossed off two more take it's place.

I've also been busy helping my daughter get her portfolio together and professionally photographed so we can get CD's out to grad schools.

On my own front I've yet to complete my annual leaf blowing exercise.  That's what happens when you live in the woods on over an acre of land.  That would be half a hectare.  I've also been molding and casting for a couple of LSP brethren.  Not to mention all of the minor details I do throughout the day that this feeble mind dis-remembers.  Like landscaping and going to look at granite for our kitchen counter tops.  Or something like that.  So I've been busy.

But! I'm glad to say I've reached a point where I've been able to pull out the Mustang cockpit for painting.  I've been inspired by Wolf and am in a detail painting frame of mind.  So, it's sitting on my easel awaiting my attention.  Once I finish there I'll try my hand here.

Once again, thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 11 months later...

It's been a long time.  One photo update to let everyone know it's not forgotten.  Threw some paint on it.

DSCN5959_zpslyiptkw5.jpg

All flying surfaces were painted Linen: Radome Tan and White; 1 RT/2W.  Primer is 2 Burnt Sienna to 1 RLM 23.  Rudder not painted primer because there are some things I need to fix.

Thanks for looking in.

Sincerely,

Mark

Guest Peterpools

Brother Bear

So glad to see the Hungarian 109 back on the bench. Looking forward to following each and every step.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

• 9 months later...

Hey, Mark! I have a question: on some illustrations of the G, there's a red horizon line on the canopy, but on others, there is not. Is there any rhyme or reason as to whether or not one should be present, generally speaking?

Hey, Mark! I have a question: on some illustrations of the G, there's a red horizon line on the canopy, but on others, there is not. Is there any rhyme or reason as to whether or not one should be present, generally speaking?

Hi Kevin, that line would be on bomb carrying a/c.

It was a reference to line up with the horizon when

in a dive. It was a dive angle limiter so to speak

as well. It wasn't a requirement so it would not

be on all bomb carrying a/c necessarily.