Eduards news!!!

Fenous

Guest The Southern Bandit

Most P-47s I've ever seen were fairly light on exhaust staining by the cowl. Most staining seemed to be behind rage turmoil exhaust farther back.

Of course I'm probably wrong...

You are right of course, but the aircraft spent some too landing and taking off, its a good detail that painting has bought up that many of us might not have considered when weathering, but that artist obviously noticed it.

Depending on what markings and extras are included, I can see myself buying the P-40N and the P-47D-- in spite of the fact that I just sold a few of my extra P-40 kits, including an "N". I'm just happy they're going to reissue the P-40N. Hope they also do the P-40M too.

Bill M.

You are right of course, but the aircraft spent some too landing and taking off, its a good detail that painting has bought up that many of us might not have considered when weathering, but that artist obviously noticed it.

Not that I really have anything to add to the gear door discussion but I now remember that I did mimic that effect on my 48th scale Tamiya Thunderbolt.

isaksson_p-47drazorback_20.jpg

(Apologies for mentioning a small scale model here on LSP... ;))

Still, I am interested in the Eduard/Hasegawa P-47. Hopefully the extras will make it a worthwhile investment.

Eduard today announced reboxing of Hasegawas 1/32 P-47D in EduArt edition with poster from Romain Hugault and some Eduards stuff-resins and PE, only 2000 will be made and if it sells well, P-40N will follow. And it`s coming before Christmass!!!

Where can you read more details about this? I have read all over the Eduard site, all the E-Day news.

Great news!

Eduard is annually organizing a show called E-Day. It happened last weekend in Prague and there was an petition circulating among Czech and Slovak modellers in regards of 32nd scale re-boxes of hoosegow's kits. ( just a local market survey) This all happened within www.modelforum.cz, so pretty much everyone else was excluded. I made a short note of it here before. However the pricing for "out of country" modellers is going to remind at the same levels as before.  

The release date should be December if I am not mistaken.

Cheers

M.

I was following that discussion on modelforum. There is a general agreement, that even when that petition was in place, it (release of the model I mean) must have been prepared in advanced by Eduard, that is nearly impossible to manage such a project like EduArt in such a short time.

Nevertheless, I must confess, that I admire Eduards marketing and the way, how they are reading request of the market. 

Flipper

I have both Hasegawa's and Trumpeters version of these planes, my favorite by the way, and I'm happy to see another mfr. releasing another quality 32nd. kit albeit it's a re-boxing of another mfr. with their added bells and whistles.

Buy, build repeat, buy, build repeat, buy, build repeat...

Reuben

According to the "Eduard Info", published recently in czech language, they have confessed, that they are working on this for a longer time. As a starter, they will be releasing three models in 18 months (every half a year a new one), starting with P-47D-25, following with P-40N, third is still not clear, several possibilities are in scope: B-25, B17, F16 and F18 or P-40E.

Eduard will add PE, Brassin and possibly two or even more markings.

What was wrong with the 1/72 Spitfire? I had thought the 1/48 series was very highly regarded... curious to know what could be different with the scaled down 1/72 line.

On topic: I'm quite interested in the upcoming 1/32 EduART kits. I just picked up the 1/48 EduART 'Rise of the Bubbletops' kit and it's quite nice. The included art print is bigger and nicer than I expected. I thought I was going to get some small, fits-in-the-box thing like what came with some of the Great Wall Hobby kits... and instead I got a large format print on nice quality heavy stock. So I'll probably grab the 1/32 kits as well. I do hope they stick with the P-40E for the 3rd release... the idea of something large like a B-25 or B-17 in upgraded limited edition EduART form sounds like it would be ludicrously expensive... and I don't really do jets.

Guest Peterpools

Still looking forward to the Jugs. I have to agree, expensive kits do not seem to be the way to attract younger people into the hobby - if there is actually a way.

Peter