Trumpeter...or

Rob Colvin

Any chance Trumpeter will blow the A-3, A-5/RA-5, and or do  a prowler and viking......thoughts?

I worked on and around modern grays for years, and find them for the most part utterly boring. However, the EA-6B and the S-2 are definite exceptions to that!   Id take either in 32nd.

Weird, as Im not really into the current A-6 at ALL.  

Little chance, but I would buy - and build - a 1/32 IM RA-5C Vigi, EKA-3B Whale and an early EXCAP/ICAP EA-6B Four Holer - would add the S-3A Hoover and E-2C Hawkeye as well, all in LGG/W schemes.

My gawd, Aries could produce a Pound of resin AM for each one !

Insane, very unlikely, but irresistible if any of those happened. I'm still holding out for a nuclear F-101B, Deuce & Six plus recce RF-101C to round out the Century Series.

Tony

Considering how miserably the RA-5C in 1/48th scale sold, I would question Trumpeter's economic sanity by making one in 1/32.

That's because the kit was a real pig to assemble and nothing fit very well. It had huge mold lines down the side of the fuselage sides which ruined the panel lines. If it had been designed better and fit well I think many more would have sold. I really like the Vigilante but would never buy this kit. It's a POS.

That's because the kit was a real pig to assemble and nothing fit very well. It had huge mold lines down the side of the fuselage sides which ruined the panel lines. If it had been designed better and fit well I think many more would have sold. I really like the Vigilante but would never buy this kit. It's a POS.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder or maybe the PPOS is directly proportional to skill?

One steaming POS..

ra5c48me_1.jpg

Another steamer

vigilante_07.jpg

Some more steaming POS

kolra5a.jpg

Pretty decent looking Viggies from this perch but your milage may vary depending on whether you are a box shaker or after a Viggie.

Put me down for a Viggie in 32nd and also an EA-6B, photographed this Prowler at Red Flag and would love to do it in 32.

IMG_9419-L.jpg

Bring em on based off Trumps recent effort like the A-6 they would be awesome.

I would not hold my breath for any new large scale jet from Trumpeter if their policy does not change and this is not what seems to be the case. Keep in mind they did not launch any really new large scale jet project for at least the five last years. In fact, all the recently released large scale kits are projects started for long. God knows I would be glad to be wrong!

With regard to jets, I think that the best surprises will hopefully come from KH, HK, Kinetic or Italeri. I also hope that we will get some interesting helos such as a Sea King from Fly.

All other jet producers like Tamiya or Academy have not been really active for years either. I hoped that Meng would go on with modern releases (like the F-102) after the Me163 but nothing new appeared. DML does not even seem willing to release further Luftwaffe topics, so jets are out of scope. Ditto for Hasegawa. And besides the Buckeye, the releases from the MPM constellation also slowed down noticeably.

Wait and see.

Thierry

Yes, I'm really holding out for KHM moving on to late fifties / early sixties jets like the Voodoo, Deuce and Six.

Glen, you are our only hope

Tony