PT Boat 365 Elco from Pt109 and Pt-596 in 1/35

Vandy 1 VX 4

Thanks Maru for your well wishes.

I put away my current subject and went back to the PT boat. I have already started modifying some of the items. I found a in accuracy in a part I've already built. I removed the armor plating from behind the helm station. For you non nautical folks the helm is the steering wheel.

Also ordered some 3D printed ammo boxes torpedo racks and miscellaneous items.

Cheers and thank you for following my build

Danny

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

• 2 weeks later...

I was up to 1 o'clock in the morning. Building the 40mm Bofors anti-aircraft gun on the stern. Also did some scratch work and replaced part of the rail on the foredeck where the depth charges would be on pt-109. Did a little bit of work on the smoke generator. Opened three of the four mushroom head ventilators.

I will post some pictures later

Cheers

'Mushroom Ventilator Opened'

I don't remember this part. Is this molded into the deck? Nice gun.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hello Mark yes they are molded onto the deck.four of them. You can see it in the first picture just left of the next life raft. There are adjacent to the dayroom aft cabin. The other two mushroom ventilators are adjacent to the 40 mm Bofors or on Pt-109 the single 20 mm on the rear of the boat.

The 40 millimeter bofors still need some work. The rail rack on the back of the gun needs its ammo rack added to it.

Here is a scratch built bottom / Modified 5inch rockets ammo box

20170202_230000-1_zpsl8l8atwy.jpg

The one's in the kit are a 4.5 rockets. Also you can see one of the fin less rocket launcher in the photo. The brownish orange thing is a simple mold to make the Junction box. The junction box is used for the firing of the rocket launcher and still needs to be added. You can see the resin copy near the 30 degree mark in the photo.

20170202_082945_zpsyipb4ezt.jpg

3D printed torpedo roll off rack. It's a different style then the ones that come in the kits.It is a early style one.

20170202_082913_zpsyhfloyga.jpg

Close up of the open Mushroom head vent.  Below photo another one aft Open Next to the 40mm gun.  Smoke screen tank on the stern.

20170202_082840_zpsgbuwm5oh.jpg

Cheers

Danny

Nice work.  Nice details.  Good show.

It's been a while since I've had my nose in my kit, so I guess I don't remember as much as I thought I did.  Is that rocket launcher brass in the kit or is it Lion Roar, Royal Model?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

Nice work. Nice details. Good show.

It's been a while since I've had my nose in my kit, so I guess I don't remember as much as I thought I did. Is that rock launcher brass in the kit or is it Lion Roar, Royal Model?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

In the kit you are provided five pieces of photo etch for each 5 inch rocket launcher. Lion roar is the company that makes the solid brass rocket launchers. Brass tubing to everything else. Also Royal modles from Italy makes a nice set to. But it is mostly for the 50 cal guns and includes resin. Smokescreen tank is replaced to. But it's an expensive set. also they make a set with bumpers, life jackets, helmets, includes some ammo boxes and a pelican

Thank you Maru, Jerry, Joe, and everyone elss for the nice comments to.

Cheers

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4