Another VAC, ID models EA6B Prowler

hi guys seeing that jack has encouraged me to get started on a vac and I have a project in the stash that I want to be my king of it all I want to get some vac experience as they say.

Seeing this jet has a few things in common with the F14 I can save me some time i hope to get me there.

a pictures says more then words

DSC_1614.jpg

I got me four F14 ejection seats I might add a few bits and pieces here and there but they sure save me woem work or at least I hope they will :hmmm:. A mate is going to bring his growler along to one of the club meetings so we can have a look and see if they are of any use to me. Hasegawa A4 fuel tanks are also on the list. I'll try and locate some F14 main gears, I have a revell kit but I'd rather try and get me some tamiya ones instead....

as I just got the walk around cd from flying leathernecks this one just sparked soemthing if you know what I mean

More on this later, as usual when this one is doen trumpeter will have theirs on the shelves ooh well it's all about having fun right??? :party0023:

Cheers guys

Greetz

Frederick Jacobs

Edited by stusbke

Hi Frederick. I really like the A-6 and EA-6B so I will be following your thread closely. Are you going with folded wings? I have some decals for the seats for the EA-6B as I worked with the GRU-7 seats as well as the NACES seat. I will see if I can find them and scan them up for you. Any questions on the seats drop me a line and I will help you out.

Can't wait to see more as you progress.

Cheers guys,

@Mark thanx mate I'll try to keep you guys posted if I get a milestone done I'll bring her along to the club...

@Jack yeah the PITA part is done all the sanding and aligning, Dry fitting did show some "interesting" issues but solving these type of things makes these builds interesting I suppose?? I'll email you when i get in to

trouble

Hi Frederick. I really like the A-6 and EA-6B so I will be following your thread closely. Are you going with folded wings? I have some decals for the seats for the EA-6B as I worked with the GRU-7 seats as well as the NACES seat. I will see if I can find them and scan them up for you. Any questions on the seats drop me a line and I will help you out.

Can't wait to see more as you progress.

wings folded mmm don't know yet, if I do it will surely add lot more work but it makes it look all the more cool....have to ponder a bit on that one. :hmmm: Thanx for the scans appreciate that big time. Obviously the cockpit is the first thing on the list.

If you need strength, G-Factor does F-14 landing gear in 1/32, which should be much cheaper than buying a Tamiya kit just for the gear

Matt

Cheers mate hadn't thought of that one....going to hunt a set down then....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's no way on earth I'd have enough confidence to attempt a vac build but love watching them being built by people who know what they're doing. You never know, watch enough of them and I'll learn enough to pluck up the courage.

Am keen to follow this one - Prowler ... Fantastic.

Grant.

• 1 year later...

I am so glad that you are going to have a go at this kit Thomas. There are so many really cool colour schemes for the Prowler that I cannot wait to see it completed and in paint.

Derek