USAF F-47 THUNDERBOLT VIETNAM

DugyB

Sounds crazy, but what about creating a bomb bay in the fuselage and adding an air brakes instead of the gas channel exit flaps ? ( like the AD Skyraider :))

ava1spad_10.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

As per from pilots requests in theatre, a field T.O. was created, the USAF removed the two outer 50cal machine guns and plugged up the empty holes. With this being a field mod hence the hurried and sloppy appearance of the work performed. All and any weight saved added to the aircrafts ability to slice and dice down low in the hot and humid conditions of Vietnam. :hmmm:

53587479708_fd6142e885_b.jpg

53587261171_3c5f730d79_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

Sounds crazy, but what about creating a bomb bay in the fuselage and adding an air brakes instead of the gas channel exit flaps ? ( like the AD Skyraider :))

ava1spad_10.jpg

Interesting thought, I do have something planned for the belly …. :hmmm:

13 minutes ago, DugyB said:

the aircrafts ability to slice and dice down low in the hot and humid conditions of Vietnam. 

Have you considered perforated dive brakes à la Dauntless? Just a thought :hmmm:

25 minutes ago, quang said:

Have you considered perforated dive brakes à la Dauntless? Just a thought :hmmm:

Would love to go hog wild but I’m really doing my best to adhere to the K.I.S.S. principle…. :D

Next up, these wheels. Or hubs should I say. I actually don’t mind the look of the rubber tyres, but It doesn’t seem they designed and made a outside hub to fit to the axle. :hmmm: Instead you are suppose to fit the axle through to the spoked hub (inside wheel hub) to the outside. This would leave the hub cover only to be used or seen.  So I’ve a plan, not sure if it’ll work,  so here’s goes nothing, if it doesn’t work it’s off to order some resin wheels in... :whistle:

53590978985_f4f848dddb_b.jpg

I think it REALLY needs tip tanks a la the Piper Enforcer in order to extend loiter time and to free up hard points under the wings for ordnance rather than gas.  Maybe ones like Lockheed used on the F-80?  Tips would also improve the ride in the hot, turbulent air down low.  Also needs AERO racks on the hard points.