Luftwaffe Classic, Classic colours and other Midland/Ian Allan/Hikoki/Crecy/Chandos Luftwaffe books

Hi,

Has anyone a list of the numbered Classic series of big Luftwaffe books? I've found multiple incomplete lists of the Classic books on the web but only with the ISBN numbers, none with the series number. As they moved from one publisher to another one and some were even republished by a fully different one, this looks complicated...

Thanks!

Hi, I can only answer for the ones I have, all published by Classic:

No.4. Me 262 volume 2

No.5 Me 262volume 3

No.9  Me 163 Vol 2

No.13 Dornier Do335

No.15 Heinkel He177

No.17 Heinkel He162

No.18 Fw190 volume 1

No.19 Fw190 volume 2

No.20 Fw190 volume 3

No.22 Junkers Ju87

No.23 Junkers Ju88 volume 1

No.24 Junkers Ju88 volume 2

I also have Me Bf110 An Illustrated Study, published by Classic and Me 210/410 published by Midland. These two appear to be very similar, so I assume the Midland one may have been published by Classic at some point. They aren’t in the numbered series as above, but are similar format.

Hope this is of some help.

Nigel

Edited by NigTT

Expanding on the above:

No.1  JV44

No.2  Hs 129

No.3  Me 262 Vol.1

No.4  Me 262 Vol.2

No.5  Me 262 Vol.3

No.6  Me 262 Vol.4

No.7  Mistel

No.9  Me 163

No.10  Helicopters

No.12  Ho 229

No.13  Dornier Do335

No.15  Heinkel He177

No.17  Heinkel He162

No.18  Fw190 Vol. 1

No.19  Fw190 Vol. 2

No.20  Fw190 Vol. 3

No.22  Junkers Ju87

No.23  Junkers Ju88 Vol. 1

No.24  Junkers Ju88 Vol. 2

No.29  V2

No.34  Ar 234

HTH,

D

Edited by D Bellis

Thanks very much! The first was the JV44 one. It looks some books were in the numbered series whereas others were not for no obvious reason. I will have a look at my own books and the info I already have to fill the gaps as it looks no list is existing. I'm asking as I discovered books that I did not know! For instance I did not know there were two different Fw-200 books!

8 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

The first was the JV44 one.

Thanks for that!

8 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

For instance I did not know there were two different Fw-200 books!

There were two different Ar 234 and Hs 129 books as well, but I don't know if they had different numbers or were simply "Revised Edition" versions.

If you should come up with a complete list, or even close, please do share it with everyone. Thanks!

D

1 hour ago, D Bellis said:

Thanks for that!

There were two different Ar 234 and Hs 129 books as well, but I don't know if they had different numbers or were simply "Revised Edition" versions.

If you should come up with a complete list, or even close, please do share it with everyone. Thanks!

D

Thanks! Well it looks when I'm asking for something I'm quite often finally finalizing it myself! So yes I will do it and post it here.

Hey D Bellis,  

Do you know if there are two different versions / covers on the Ar 234?  Just curious to know.  Obviously the revised version is slightly different.  

Thanks.  

3 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

So yes I will do it and post it here.

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Do you know if there are two different versions / covers on the Ar 234?

Of the two, I only have the most recent edition published by Crecy with Number 34 and the ISBN 13 is 978-1906537609:

PE81t4u.jpg

I don't know what number or cover the first edition had, nor what changes were made with the newer one. Sorry.

I do know that the earlier version had a different title ("Blitz!: Germany's Arado Ar 234 Jet Bomber") with a different ISBN 13 of 978-1576380819. Same two authors of both books, though.

HTH,

D

I have a few of these books, but have never seen a reference to a particular series number. I know that Chantos released an updated Hs 129 book, with a different cover than the original.

I don't have the numbers to hand but

2 vols to the Me 163

Ju 52

Stuka

He 111

and No 29 V2 (it's on a shelf next to me so I can see the number)

will check the numbers tomorrow 

Bob

I just checked and I have Ar 234, He 162, Hs 129, Ho 229, Me 210/410, Ju 287, Project Natter, and Bf 110

Also, there were at least four volumes on the Me 262.

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

I have a few of these books, but have never seen a reference to a particular series number.

In addition to being on the lower spine (both on the jacket and on the book itself), the original Classic Publications site listed them by those numbers. Unfortunately, no other sellers including Crecy continued with that. 

My post above edited with the new information. 

52 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Also, there were at least four volumes on the Me 262.

Correct - four volumes. I failed add that in my post above the first time around. 

My post has been edited to include the additional information. 

D

I have the JV44, All four Me262 and both Me163 books (all hardcore required reading for fans of these planes) but I was totally unaware that there was one for the Tante Ju! Now I am enlightened I shall start hunting for a copy!

Thank you for the intel!

Kind regards,

Paul