Luftwaffe Classic, Classic colours and other Midland/Ian Allan/Hikoki/Crecy/Chandos Luftwaffe books

1 hour ago, D Bellis said:

As stated on the front covers of all those books near the top, they are part of the "Luftwaffe Colours" series of books, and NOT part of the Luftwaffe Classics series. 

Not all books published by Classic Publications were part of their Luftwaffe Classics series. As stated before, Classic Publications produced many different series of books. It seems as though you are lumping them all together. 

HTH,

D

I'm quite sure he's aware of the difference, D. As to the book in question (Schlachtflieger), my copy, written by six different folks, does not have the Hs 129 on the cover.

Thanks guys. Indeed, I'm fully aware they are different series, the binding being already a good clue! However, they are part of the same stable as - to demonstrate how things could be confusing - the softbound books were part of the Classic colours - Luftwaffe Colours series!  This is written on their cover.

To go back to my last question, I have the feeling the Ehrengardt book was probably never released by Ian Allan. The 6 authors published Schlachtflieger one was among the very last issues released before the series stopped abruptly. This possibly explains that. I guess the cover with the Hs129 was probably a temporary mockup.  The same situation probably applies about the trainers book. It looks they finally decided to use the one with the Me109G12 rather than the one with the biplane. This occurs quite frequently in the edition world. The change of the Schlachtflieger book author is nonetheless puzzling! 

2 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'm quite sure he's aware of the difference, D.

It's difficult to tell when the title of this thread is "Luftwaffe Classic books" and all sorts of other books that are outside of that scope keep getting thrown around... ;) 

If the object here is the massive undertaking to catalog ALL of the Classic Publications books, then the thread title should be changed to reflect that. 

D

6 hours ago, Cycling Guy said:

Of the 4 volumes of the Me262 books, which appears to be more useful when building the A-1a? They’re all so hard to find and so expensive. 

Should go back to them to give you a firm reply. Probably the second and/or the third volumes. The first is mainly about prototypes and pre-production airframes and out of my memory the last is rather about bombers and nightfighters.

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

Should go back to them to give you a firm reply. Probably the second and/or the third volumes. The first is mainly about prototypes and pre-production airframes and out of my memory the last is rather about bombers and nightfighters.

Thank you, Thierry. I have Volume 2 coming today and will search for Volume 3.

Thanks to that thread, I finally found most of the missing links AND for acceptable prices!

Strangely the three I could not find were recent releases (Do17, Do215 and V2). Only one is available on Abebooks but for a stratospheric price! Hopefully Crecy will have the good idea to re-release them. :whistle:

10 minutes ago, Mark P said:

Looks interesting. I wonder if it will ever see the light of day?

Mark Proulx

This is a very good question Mark. According to the authors, the contents were even delivered to the editor. God knows why that one never saw the light as it looked very promising!?!

Found the Do17 book in France for 100€ P&P included. So, I'm happy. The two other missing ones are available in the US but for prices between 250 and 400€! I'm really wondering when I'm seeing such prices: are some people really to pay so high prices for books? :blink:

• thierry laurent changed the title to Luftwaffe Classic, Classic colours and other Midland/Ian Allan/Hikoki/Crecy/Chandos Luftwaffe books