Tamiya A6M2 Zero - 1/32

Thank you all!

6 hours ago, Nikola Topalov said:

What a beautiful model! Real eye candy! Well done! Thanks for sharing.

One comment if I may - It might be just the lighting in the photos so I might be wrong, but the white stripes on the fuselage and tail (and in some photos the Hinomaru(s)) seem to be a bit too clean and fresh compared to the rest of the aircraft and somehow stand out a bit too much.

It doesn't by any means diminish the beauty of your model and as I said, it might be just due to the photos.

Again, great work.

Best,

Nikola

Thank you Nikola

Those colors (especially the white) are "burned" due to the duration of the exposure time - but they are wheathered like the rest. Those areas would have required some photo editing but I didn't do that extra mile. So you'll have to trust me ;-)

On 1/30/2024 at 4:30 AM, amurray said:

Love it, absolutely love it!  Is there a build article for this?

Thank you! - no WIP thread for this one - not enough time for that, unfortunately.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tristan,

Wow!!!   Such a spectacular model.  So many people, in my humble opinion, apply too much weathering to their models.   What many of them seem to forget is that their subject models actually saw very little service prior to their demise.   Your model is an amazing example of how 'a little says more' - as far as the weathering is concerned.   You obviously have a very clear picture in your mind of how this aircraft would have looked and you have exercised amazing restraint and self-discipline in weathering it.

The results speak for themselves - a stunningly realistic model.   Bravo!

Cheers,

Wayne 

On 2/27/2024 at 9:23 AM, Grissom said:

Hi Tristan,

Wow!!!   Such a spectacular model.  So many people, in my humble opinion, apply too much weathering to their models.   What many of them seem to forget is that their subject models actually saw very little service prior to their demise.   Your model is an amazing example of how 'a little says more' - as far as the weathering is concerned.   You obviously have a very clear picture in your mind of how this aircraft would have looked and you have exercised amazing restraint and self-discipline in weathering it.

The results speak for themselves - a stunningly realistic model.   Bravo!

Cheers,

Wayne 

Thank you Wayne

Weathering will give some life to our models but we can quickly go overboard. My approach is to reproduce what I can actually see in my references. It seems trivial but it isn't.

Tristan