Kitty Hawk Helicopter range returning

Zola25

Hi

Just noticed on the MBK website that they have the entire range of Kitty Hawk Helicopters back on their site for preorder for early-mid December this year.

https://www.modellbau-koenig.de/en/Aircrafts/Aircraft-Models-1-24-1-32/Helicopter

/Niels

Barring any awesome new kits being released, my next project is going to be converting a KH MH-60S into a US Army UH-60L.   The KW kits are pretty damned nice, the only thing that bothers me are the recessed rivets (which in my humble opinion total ruin the look of the model), hence my hope that Takom would take a shot at the Blackhawk series, since the surface detailing on their Apaches is truly outstanding. 

My fix for the KH kit is to purchase 5,000 micro "solder balls" and glue them into the divots of the KH kit, one at a time.    I saw it done on the H-60 model builders FB page and it looks amazing.   I have no doubt that as soon as the last solder ball is glued in place, a new tool 'Hawk kit will be announced.   

You heard it here first guys. 

44 minutes ago, John1 said:

Barring any awesome new kits being released, my next project is going to be converting a KH MH-60S into a US Army UH-60L.   The KW kits are pretty damned nice, the only thing that bothers me are the recessed rivets (which in my humble opinion total ruin the look of the model), hence my hope that Takom would take a shot at the Blackhawk series, since the surface detailing on their Apaches is truly outstanding. 

My fix for the KH kit is to purchase 5,000 micro "solder balls" and glue them into the divots of the KH kit, one at a time.    I saw it done on the H-60 model builders FB page and it looks amazing.   I have no doubt that as soon as the last solder ball is glued in place, a new tool 'Hawk kit will be announced.   

You heard it here first guys. 

Many years ago I had a friend that flew RC scale.  His cream of the crop build was a Ziroli AC-47.  Almost a 12’ wingspan.  To simulate rivets he used a toothpick and carefully placed drops of white glue. He said the was something like 35,000 glue drops.  
The organizer of the grand scale show in the nation invited him to attend with the C-47 under one condition.  His rivets were done way over sized. If scaled up, they would have been about 2” rivets.  He had to sand it all down and start over with accurately sized rivets.  He did it. This time he said it was over 40,000 glue drops.  

Sadly Roger crashed the C47 at this show.