Nieuport 17 Hobbycraft Fullard

Marcleon

I wonder if I could once again ask your indulgence and try very hard to complete a group build... this is a very old kit, started  a few years ago, but very much under 10% completed... it is also superseded by the amazing CSM kit, but some of us have a few of the Hobbycraft kit (also released by Academy)  that we don't know what to do with... hope this is OK with the Admins!

IMG-4645.jpg

I actually would like to do the plane flown by Fullard, an option in the Academy kit that I received as a present by a friend: All over silver dope, should be easy (He said)...

IMG-4646.jpg

The decals look good, and he was a very high scoring ace who survived the war...

IMG-4652.jpg

This is indeed how far I have got: Some wood tones and fake veneer in the cockpit, some extra bits of plasticard pretending to be longerons and a seat back from plasticard with lots of little holes drilled... the propellor is refined a little and painted dark stained wood tones... this appears to be very much stardard for the 17... Also a rear cockpit bulkhead and head support added... but more to come... Hope this is OK...

Regards,

Marc

Hi !

I am no admin but if I was I would welcome you to the GB :innocent:

If there was a club for « I do not complete most of my build » people, I could be president I guess... 

So let’s try to progress and support each other until we all finish our builds so we can all be proud of our accomplishment both individually and as a team :thumbsup:

Thank you Kevin, Mike, Loic and Richard for the positive comments, and it's great to see the GB grow with so many very interesting builds - WW1 too! So there is a little progress, I was unhappy about the aileron attachments and the large gap, so I took them off, removed the oversize hinges and skinned the edges of the ailerons with 10 thou card to fill the gap... looks better to me! The engine is assembled and painting started, I also refined the cowling edges and gave that some metallic silver... 

IMG-4653.jpg

Enjoy your modelling!

Regards,

Marc