Aeromasks

Maxim61

I loved using the set I bought to paint my JASDF F-15.

Easy order, speedy despatch, great price for what I received. Great quality masking film, fairly accurately cut. Minimal paint lift upon removal. 
My only minor gripe was with the sketchy instructions. But with a little photo research, it was overcome easily enough. 

52730109375_a91165cc41_b.jpg

The results speak for themselves.

I’d have never attempted that scheme without the masks. 

23 hours ago, Maxim61 said:

Just wanted to know if anyone has used Aeromasks and what you thought of them?

They are great masks to work with - also good value compared to other offerings out there.

Highly recommended from me

/Niels

On 9/5/2023 at 5:04 PM, Zola25 said:

They are great masks to work with - also good value compared to other offerings out there.

/Niels

That F-15 looks really nice. Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2023 at 3:04 AM, Zola25 said:

/Niels

Ditto.

I just got an A-4 Adversary set. Several pages of instructions that look to be very good. Will for sure be getting other sets. 

John

I’ve had great luck with them too. The masks and the numbering are great. I find the painting order the opposite of what I would normally do but that’s a lot of personal preference as well. They have you do the dark color down to the light color sometimes depending on what the camouflage pattern looks like. Because you paint a color, mask it, then paint the next color.

• 1 month later...

I’m in the middle of paint and decaling my F-35A splinter using them.   I’ve run into a few minor discrepancies that I’m about to contact them about right now.  Inflight refueling door markings are incorrect.  I’ve corrected that by painting them on.  
But the biggest issue is the one star and bar insignia that goes on the top left wing.  He didn’t include one in the decal set and the kit decals are too light to go over the arctic gray in that area.  He also included a diagram where to place the wings stars and bars, but they don’t match up with the photos online.  
Otherwise the masks work very well. FWIW, one of the masks is incorrect as well, but I didn’t discover this until after I had painted everything.  Not too concerned about it.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That is one of the great things with Jim - he is always prepared to upscale his masking sets to 1/32. I have bought several sheets that way. They do not always fit 100% but for the price it is no hassle at all to make them fit - expensive sets from other providers never fit 100% either.

/Niels