HK A-20G release

Steve Eagle

It's too bad we can't put the nose gear in afterwards, help to keep it intact. The way the kit is engineered prevents that however. I'll have to be extra careful when I build mine , I'm a klutz which doesn't help. Hopefully someone will offer some brass gear replacements along with some 3D printed later cowling, it could happen.

21 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

There are some profiles in Avonmore Books Pacific Profiles: Volume Three, 3rd Attack Group website.

Is that site broken for anyone else?  None of the images load for me and most of the links lead to a page that says "oops, your site is not published."

18 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

…And his Legends of Warfare book on the A-20: https://daviddoylebooks.com/piston-engine-aircraft/a-20-havoc-legends-of-warfare-bzdyn

Both books on sale right now.

Thanks for the recommendation on the Roarin' 20's book.  I'll probably pick that up.  I did, however, just get my hands on the Legends of Warfare book yesterday and was a little underwhelmed.  As I'm looking for historical photos of the A-20G in the Pacific, I was disappointed as there wasn't much of that content.  Most of it focuses on its European use.

Another good, extensive dive into the A-20 is "The Douglas A-20 Havoc: The Ultimate Look" published by Schiffer and written by William Wolf. It is over 500 pages and includes extensive text and photos. The book is heavy, so shipping may be an issue for some. 

Mark Proulx

5 hours ago, ChuckD said:

Is that site broken for anyone else?  None of the images load for me and most of the links lead to a page that says "oops, your site is not published."

I had the same issue when I hit the link.

8 hours ago, ChuckD said:

Thanks for the recommendation on the Roarin' 20's book.  I'll probably pick that up.  I did, however, just get my hands on the Legends of Warfare book yesterday and was a little underwhelmed.  As I'm looking for historical photos of the A-20G in the Pacific, I was disappointed as there wasn't much of that content.  Most of it focuses on its European use.

I got that one also , and you're right it's a little light on technical info . I too am looking to do mine in Pacific markings and there isn't a heck of lot out there . I may have to get that book  "The A-20 Havoc : The Ultimate Look". sounds like it may have a lot more info. We may get crossed up on which ones we can do what with the cowling issue. Do you have any ideas on what we can do in that regard?

I just got an email from Peter at Airscale and he's waiting on the decals and says it shouldn't be long before the set for the A-20 will be shipping . All the ducks are starting to line up . Now all we need is later cowlings and maybe a brass landing gear set, oh and Pacific theater decals. I haven't started mine yet as I have to get the Ki-45 off the bench [ almost ready to primer].

23 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I just got an email from Peter at Airscale and he's waiting on the decals and says it shouldn't be long before the set for the A-20 will be shipping . All the ducks are starting to line up . Now all we need is later cowlings and maybe a brass landing gear set, oh and Pacific theater decals. I haven't started mine yet as I have to get the Ki-45 off the bench [ almost ready to primer].

Cool, let's have a look at the Ki-45 then 

:clap2:

Regards. Andy 

Sorry fellas, had a systems failure. Link to Kevin's review of the Avonmore Books Pacific Profiles: Volume Three, some of the fantastic nose art can be found on the 3rd Attack Group website, you need to scroll down to The Characters.

Slugsy%20Sachs%202.jpg

Spanish%20John%201.jpg

The links at the bottom of the page are really interesting with some great photographs, particularly ALTITUDE MINIMUM.

Another great site for period photos.