Vietnam airfield blast wall

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/19/2023 at 12:17 PM, BiggTim said:

Well, the first mock-up with 3D printed parts is done! It's a little rough and needs to be fine-tuned, but I think it's headed in the right direction. I've made some modifications and will need to re-print some parts for masters, then time to make molds and cast them. 

In case you're wondering why I wouldn't just 3D print them all instead of casting them, I like cast parts a little better, they are more durable, and it's way faster. My printer is relatively basic and rather small, so printing pieces like the biggest panels takes 6 hours for 5 panels, where I can cast the same number (or more) and de-mold them in about 30 minutes. Plus, I can get rid of some of the lines that the printer leaves, and the casting resin is tougher than the printing resin I like to use. Maybe in the future when I can afford a better/bigger 8k printer, I would consider that, but for now, I'll stick with casting.

Anyway, once I get some cast, I'll let you all know. 

Armco-revetments.jpg

mock-up-1.jpg

I cant see the images, but do you have files for sale?

James

Not sure what happened with the links, sorry about that. I actually don't currently sell my files, but there are some links to some really good ones earlier in this thread. Let me know if I can help in any way, and I will try to fix those links.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...