Z-M Bf109G-14 at Sprue Brothers

Dave Williams

Yes it was, I got both of mine for ~$95 US each , through Sprue Brothers . I have to wonder what is so different with these new releases. From what I can tell through the press release it's different decals so I don't really know . they're calling it an Erla , but they're still pushing the MK 108 30mm motor canon which Erla didn't put in their builds, just saying.

3 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I have to wonder what is so different with these new releases.

The fact that the first release sold out so quickly that they now KNOW it can be priced higher and still sell a ton of them. 

D

1 hour ago, D Bellis said:

The fact that the first release sold out so quickly that they now KNOW it can be priced higher and still sell a ton of them. 

D

Well, they 'd better not get too carried away. At $130 USD ,it's still not a bad deal. It's interesting that the Ki-45 is only about $10 more on average and it's twice the kit the 109G is. Might be because of the economic climate in the world today also.

Firstly ... ZM hasn't released a G-6 yet. SWS-18 was a special release of Hartmann's G-14/U4.

Because it was a special SWS anniversary celebratory release, It might have been actually released at a slightly discounted price also.

Meanwhile please lets not forget the rapid rise of inflation across the board and worldwide in the last 18 months or so ... The prices of supplies to all manufacturers has jumped significantly (in a lot of cases 2 to 3 times as much as they were previously!) ... and this without factoring in the pressure of wage increase demands

ZM has no control over the costs of production - they are what they are.

In Australian hobby stores, prices have markedly increased on older releases also - as the pressure of inflationary issues filter through.

ZM's Hs.129B-3 retails for $300 whereas the B-2/R-III sold for $270 when it was released ...

Revell's new tool Hurricane sold for $100 AUD ... the Bf109.G-6 (For comparison) sold for sub $60 when it was first released, with the Fw.190F-8 selling for about $10 more. Last year Revell's 1/32 Bf.109G-2 started at $65 ... Next issue will probably be much higher given the inflation we have seen since then.

HK's B-25 sells for just under $300 now while just a couple of years back it was retailing for about $250. The A-20G is expected to be over $300 by the time it hits the shelves here (though I certainly hope not!!)

I'm not surprised at all that we've seen a marked price increase on ANY kits released in he first half of this year ... and would expect even higher prices on comparative new releases by years end.

Rog :)

16 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Firstly ... ZM hasn't released a G-6 yet. SWS-18 was a special release of Hartmann's G-14/U4.

Because it was a special SWS anniversary celebratory release, It might have been actually released at a slightly discounted price also.

Meanwhile please lets not forget the rapid rise of inflation across the board and worldwide in the last 18 months or so ... The prices of supplies to all manufacturers has jumped significantly (in a lot of cases 2 to 3 times as much as they were previously!) ... and this without factoring in the pressure of wage increase demands

ZM has no control over the costs of production - they are what they are.

In Australian hobby stores, prices have markedly increased on older releases also - as the pressure of inflationary issues filter through.

ZM's Hs.129B-3 retails for $300 whereas the B-2/R-III sold for $270 when it was released ...

Revell's new tool Hurricane sold for $100 AUD ... the Bf109.G-6 (For comparison) sold for sub $60 when it was first released, with the Fw.190F-8 selling for about $10 more. Last year Revell's 1/32 Bf.109G-2 started at $65 ... Next issue will probably be much higher given the inflation we have seen since then.

HK's B-25 sells for just under $300 now while just a couple of years back it was retailing for about $250. The A-20G is expected to be over $300 by the time it hits the shelves here (though I certainly hope not!!)

I'm not surprised at all that we've seen a marked price increase on ANY kits released in he first half of this year ... and would expect even higher prices on comparative new releases by years end.

Rog :)

Good points all, true they haven't released a G-6 yet. They do include everything in the box to build a G. My 2nd one [in progress] is a G-6 r6 trop kanon boot. Everything was there except the under wing gondolas[ Barracuda cast to the rescue] Prices may come down a little as time moves on, we'll just have to hang in there