OMG! Just seen a Kotare Spitfire on Ebay!

europapete

39 minutes ago, CShanne said:

But why would you buy it there, it is cheaper from Kotare, even with shipping….  I just don’t understand…

There is some real weirdness out there.  Sometimes I think the buyers just don't know of any other source, and other times I have to wonder if this isn't a cover to launder money, as someone else said recently.  I've seen dealers with 100% reputations selling stuff for 2x, 3x, and 4x retail prices.  Makes you wonder . . .

eBay has always been a “makes you wonder” place for me. Some people have to be the first on the block to have things.  When I was working my 12-15 hour engineering days, I bought things from eBay and Amazon or what ever because I could not get out much to shop.  Years ago I bought not one but two Echelon Lightning vac kits for $60 and $80 plus shipping.  Folks did not know what they were I would guess. So it all works both ways. I still scrounge and by on eBay. 

Just now, DeanKB said:

There's one on UK Ebay.

£135.87 Buy it now+ £73.60 postage from United States.

Which equates to £250 in total with VAT.

I'll probably wait for Hannants stock to arrive, at £98.99 with free shipping.

Yeah, I'd wait it out . Pretty high price to pay to be the first on the block just to say.

People are people.  Kotare has made public that this is not a limited kit and will be sold through retailers.  Kind of bizarre that people would not pre-order, wait all this time and then over pay because now they have to have it, you can even buy it at retail from Kotare and they will ship you one as soon as they restock.  As my favorite comedian said, you can't fix stupid.