1/32 AJ37 Viggen by Jetmads!

RicardoD

Given all that has happened in the world, I think price increases are here to stay for awhile.

And with a limited edition run, it's not like these guys are going to retire to Fiji on what they're getting given all the work involved.

UPDATE: pre-ordered mine today. Scary, I have never built an all-resin kit before, but hopefully y'all beside me and I'll not fail.

Edited by Bill Cross
update

On 3/27/2023 at 6:32 PM, Bill Cross said:

Given all that has happened in the world, I think price increases are here to stay for awhile.

And with a limited edition run, it's not like these guys are going to retire to Fiji on what they're getting given all the work involved.

UPDATE: pre-ordered mine today. Scary, I have never built an all-resin kit before, but hopefully y'all beside me and I'll not fail.

Neither had I when I built mine so fear not - plenty of help to be found around there and make sure to check out the build threads that are already existing ^_^

/Niels

21 minutes ago, Scotsman said:

Queue , ok wrong choice of words, Pre Order no 59 , last time it was 150 so a step forward 

As for colour schemes this time it's anything but Fields and Forests!

Mine says 12093, so I presume I'm 93rd?

If you don't want Splinter or NM, there's always the Red Viggen. Red all over.SAAB_J-37_Viggen_special_red_version.jpg

19 minutes ago, Bill Cross said:

Mine says 12093, so I presume I'm 93rd?

That may not be the case. I placed my preorder in the first minute and my order number is 11967. I do not know where I am in the line, I did not ask and I would expect to be one of the earliest, but looking at my number I can say for sure that the preorder numbering does not start from 12000. 

Edited by Violator1991
Typo

On 3/17/2023 at 6:16 PM, Stokey Pete said:

There isn’t much in the way of aftermarket available for it, apart from masking sets for camouflage and insignia/numbers. I doubt manufacturers would produce any for a short run kit such as Jetmads provide. Speaking for my own experience, the cockpits and wheels are adequate given the way they’re printed, but will need a bit of elbow grease to make look presentable. I also didn’t really like the missiles provided so I’ve exchanged those for some Edward Brassin ones. They’ll look close enough to Swedish Sparrows and Sidewinders for my purposes. 

I've had talks with Maestro about making 1/32 scale versions of 1/48 scale ordinance for Viggen....we shall see how things go.

8 hours ago, Aigore said:

I've had talks with Maestro about making 1/32 scale versions of 1/48 scale ordinance for Viggen....we shall see how things go.

That's cool Aigore! Bofors M70 launcher and BK90 Mjölner would be great!! I don't know if these can be carried by the AJ, maybe AJS is the correct variant to carry those but they would look great anyway.

Rb15 missile would be a bonus too, though this should be a AJS item if I'm not wrong.

3 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Is that the Jetmads kit?

I don't think it is. Looking at the navigation lights position on the wings to me it seems like the AJ version with Maverick missiles whereas the Jetmads initial release was the JA with all air to air missiles. There is also one vortex generator each on the canards and the JA would have two. Besides Jetmads kit's full riveting on the wings is not here too, a prominent feature of the kit imo. This is possibly the Special Hobby / Tarangus offering in 1/48.