MDC Typhoon Mk.1B

Guest LSP_Jay L

Thanks to all of you guys! I much appreciate the kind comments and I am very proud that you are all so pleased with the result.

Crees, we noticed the starboard fairing was slightly forward this afternoon during the photoshoot so I repaired it and we went on. I also adjusted the Aelerons this morning before setting out so that was also corrected. You are right as well Mike, the angle was exaggerated in some pics and wasn't all that off, as it was a reult of the starboard undercarriage coming forward. It was worse when I got it to ADH so I mustn't have glued it properly.

What's next mate? (please don't say guns or stuff) 

Mig-29 Jamie. Then Dauntless.

Thanks again guys!

Cheers,

Jay

Great work Jay,

It's a masterpiece and really deserves to be on the front page of MAI

Cheers

Cees

the only question I have is who makes this kit? The typhoon is one of the coolest WWII Brit birds. like the finish on this one, and the extra detail put into it to make it stand out from the crowd ;)

jim

Guest LSP_Jay L

Thanks alot guys!

No worries on the CD's Alan, my pleasure. I hope they come in handy. thanks for the compliments on the model. It will be in the next issue of Model airplane International due out on May 25th. My Stuka is in the current issue if you want to check that one out.

Cheers guys,

Jay

Guest LSP_Jay L

Yup. I've done some stuff in the past for other mags but I like working with Richard and ADH ( same goes for my armour stuff with Ken Jones at Mil Mod ) and if I make my deadlines my models go in so we are both very happy with the situation. Plus it is really good to be part of such an awesome mag. On both counts.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Jay, it is looking fantastic. the weathering and detail is great. i really like the detail you added to the rockets. the walkway came out great. thanks for sharing the technic you used for that.

what a big beautifull plane. i saw a 1/48 tempest on the modelling show in hungary. i was thinking of yours then... how big this plane must be. a must have for a prop fetishist.

cheers klaus

Guest LSP_Jay L

Thanks Klaus!

I saw the pics from the show that you posted in Off Topic. Excellent stuff, thanks for sharing. I was very inspired by the 110 and I may have to re-start mine. Your D-9 of yours is always a pleasure to see. I hope you had a top weekend at the show.

Cheers mate,

Jay

• 8 months later...

Jay, sorry to bounce this back to the top.

I had mine out of the box last night, salivating. The spinner spiral, is that based on the warpaint book? Is there a photo anywhere as some other books have it half blue/ white?

Does anyone have/do a set of bombs and racks for the Tiffie?

Cheers

Dave

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Dave;

The spinner thing came from the Warpaint book indeed, and there is some documentation I read somewhere desribing the colours and the reasons. I will have to ask my mate Mark, who literally wrote a book about it... :(

I know MDC do the rocket rails as do Paragon, but I am not sure about bombs. I have this niggling feeling that Neil did some bombs but I can't be certain. I will ask him next time I see him.

Cheers mate,

Jay