Me 262 Resin Cockpit for Trumpeter Kit?

hello Chris,

Contact resin does a superb set for the trumpeter Me262 the parts have been done by Vincent and they are fiitting very well to the kit,i know that because i have built the Me 262 with this kit,in fact the part are here to dress your cockpit and there no modifications to do with you model.

The set also contains a set of weels.for the Me 262.

All the best FRANCK.

Franck:

Do you have a product number and perhaps a photo of the 262 set from Contact Resine? I wasn't aware they did one and I didn't see it listed on their web site. Perhaps it worth ordering.

Thanks

Mark Proulx

Chris

Eduard do a very nice coloured photo etch set for the Trump 262. Beautiful instrument panel and all the 'fiddly' bits. Would probably work well with a resin cockpit, although I wasn't aware that the Trump cockpit was particularly deficient??

Matt Low

I thought the Grand Phoenix set was for the Revell 262? I had no idea that Contact Resine made one for the Trump kit, that rocks.

The only problem is, what kind of price are we looking at? I've seen their resin wheel sets go for upwards of 20 bucks, so I would imagine the resin 'pit would be pricey.

Better than nothing, hey? :blink:

Cheers, Ian

Set looks good for a reasonable price. I'm positively surprised!

However, keep in mind that Trumpeter cockpit is far from being deficient! Actually, this is one of the very rare kits that do not absolutely require aftermarket stuff...! It is true that resin will offer some intricate details that cannot be injection molded but fairly, if you compare the resin sets with the kit parts, there are not a lot of corrections as such; rather additional detailing that may be done by an averagely gifted modeller!

Just my 2 cents worth, from the details you sent, unless the kit cockpit is rubbish, it is not worth buying. I put in more detail in my scratchbuilt 262 cockpit than there is in that set. If there are minor missing parts, levers, wires etc just put them in but I do not think that it is worth going for, not after seeing what kind of detail comes with the Trumpeter kit.

Did Vincent do the masters for the whole set or just the PE and decals?

I agree with Brian, the Trumpeter cockpit is reasonably well equipped straight from the box.

Radu