1/32 Trumpeter Fairey Swordfish

Porsche

I must say i'm not "so much into bi-planes" (and that is a large understatement), but this presentation of a Swordfish with folded wings just lets my jaw drop, fantastic build, congrats.

Jack

Well I don’t know how I missed this, but I did. As above I don’t see the attraction with biplanes, but that is blo*dy brilliant:clap2:. Your exceptional eye for paint has made up for what others would have thrown a pile of AM at it. A gentle reminder that it’s not always needed.

Tremendous.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 4:56 PM, npb748r said:

amazing paint finish - you are an artist.

Many thanks for your kind words!

On 8/25/2022 at 8:03 PM, Jack said:

I must say i'm not "so much into bi-planes" (and that is a large understatement), but this presentation of a Swordfish with folded wings just lets my jaw drop, fantastic build, congrats.

Jack

Thanks Jack! well out of my comfort zone this one!

On 8/28/2022 at 10:11 AM, Troy Molitor said:

Something you don't see everyday.  Lovely results.  

Troy

Much appreciated Troy!

On 8/29/2022 at 11:59 AM, Cicciuzzo said:

VERY REALISTIC. compliments:clap2:

Thanks very much Cicciuzzo!

On 9/1/2022 at 2:51 AM, Cor said:

Very nice work

Cheers Cor!

On 9/1/2022 at 7:24 AM, Stevepd said:

Well I don’t know how I missed this, but I did. As above I don’t see the attraction with biplanes, but that is blo*dy brilliant:clap2:. Your exceptional eye for paint has made up for what others would have thrown a pile of AM at it. A gentle reminder that it’s not always needed.

Tremendous.

Some very nice comments there Stevepd and they are much appreciated, thank you!

On 8/15/2022 at 2:06 AM, Belugawhaleman said:

Great job on that string bag!

Many thanks Belugawhaleman!

On 8/15/2022 at 3:06 AM, Uncarina said:

How did I miss this? Wonderful work! I love the subject, finish, and weathering. I’m looking forward to seeing your next work!

Cheers,  Tom

Much appreciated Tom! next completed kit now up on the forum (another adventure outside of my comfort zone!)

• 1 month later...

Saltiest Stringbag model I've ever seen - a magnificent aircraft, brilliantly depicted. Your finish makes spit and polish look disrespectful of this remarkable warhorse, thought to be obsolescent by 1939. Flying over the convoys was grim work, in all seasons, year in, year out, albeit your Swordfish is armed for ship sinking. Congratulations Porshe and thank you for sharing.

Chris

On 10/16/2022 at 5:55 AM, Christa said:

Saltiest Stringbag model I've ever seen - a magnificent aircraft, brilliantly depicted. Your finish makes spit and polish look disrespectful of this remarkable warhorse, thought to be obsolescent by 1939. Flying over the convoys was grim work, in all seasons, year in, year out, albeit your Swordfish is armed for ship sinking. Congratulations Porshe and thank you for sharing.

Chris

Thanks Chris your comments are much appreciated! I didn't know very much about the Swordfish until I took the kit out of my stash and started doing some research. It was truly a workhorse and seemed to be much loved by the people who flew and maintained her! I thoroughly enjoyed building the kit.....so much so I will probably do a Mk2 with spread wings at some point in the future,

Cheers

Kevin

On 10/16/2022 at 6:44 AM, Archimedes said:

Porsche,

That is a beautifully constructed and painted Stringbag.. The weathering is excellent! You should be very proud of your build!

Kind regards,
Paul

Many thanks Paul for your kind comments! I thoroughly enjoyed the build and would recommend the kit with no hesitation (apart from the kits rigging, but that could have been just my clumsy approach!)

Cheers,

Kevin