1/24 Trumpeter FW-190D

SimonCornes

Just acquired one of these but can anyone point me in the direction of any aftermarket please? 
I know it’s been around for awhile now so I understand if any A/m has dried up but if you can help with things like wheels, harnesses, decals etc? Would all be useful!!

Thanks

Simon

Hi, Simon. 

Verlinden used to do an internal upgrade set (most of which was hidden away in the fuselage!), but they're like gold hen's teeth now. I would recommend Airscale for a new pilot's-harness (and possibly a cockpit upgrade, but that's just an educated guess on my part).  

That's all I know about. Hope this helps. 

Chris. 

I think Barracuda makes wheels, Master should have some nice 1:24 MGs, but that's about all I can think of right now. It also seems that Jerry Rutman may have made a wheel well set, but even if he did, finding one now would be a real challenge.

30 minutes ago, SimonCornes said:

Seems like it’s been forgotten by the aftermarket then? Would be nice if there were some decals maybe?

Hi Simon,

I wouldn’t say “forgotten” so much as under-served, and that’s to be expected when the market is small. 1/24th just hasn’t achieved the critical mass of other scales, yet. 

In another thread here, an LSP member looking for Revi sights in 1/24th has reached out to JPWarbirds, which makes large-scale detail sets for flying models, to see if they could re-size their printed Revi gunsight series. A test is reportedly in progress, so keep your eyes on that if Trumpeter’s offering isn’t what you want.

Peddinghaus Decals makes a few marking sets for 1/24th Doras. I’ve seen them on eBay and the Peddinghaus homepage.

Airscale’s instrument decals and photo-etched bezels are great, well-worth the price and modeling time. They’re getting into the harness trade, too.

Cheers,

Adam

Hi Simon

I am busy with this kit on an on and off basis. Personally I think aftermarket products will be like lipstick on a pig but if you want to go that way look at the Hannants website. Aber and Master make gun barrels. Airscale have instrument decals and with Eduard make PE harnesses. Montex have 3 sets of masks for the FW 190D.

I made the mistake of trying to use the Airscale IP for the Airfix FW 190 but the two kits are dimensionally too far apart to ever making this idea work.

Nick

Here is my entry in my model inventory Excel sheet: AM: Jerry Rutman D-11 Conv; Contact Resine 24001 Detail Set; SAC24004 Landing Gear; Waldron Cockpit Details; HGW124502 Seatbelts; RB 24002 Belts, 04 PE Rudder Pedals; Montex Masks KAM24039 w/Master Barrels; Steve Nutall 20mm MGFF Barrels; AIMS 24D001 Landing Gear Decals.

There are other things out there, especially decals, but not too much. Several items are OOP, though.

Thank you guys! The reviews Ive read say it isn't a bad kit apart from the cowl hinge line. When I get it I'll give it the once over but Id say that my priority is the seat harness although at that scale lead foil, etc may well do the trick. Weighted wheels would be my next 'wish' and I'll have look at Peddinghaus. I've used him before for 1/16 AFV markings but, in my opinion, he's nothing like the sort of decal manufacturers we're now used to - crude by comparison really and you have to know what you're looking at as no guide as such but I'll see what I can see on the website. 

Thanks again

Simon