WNW Albatros D.V/D.Va - parts the same?

LSP_K2

Short answer is No from the two I have, but it is a small no as it is only due to a sprue gate change for sprue A which has slightly different ailerons

and control stick. Looks to me if you were to add the horn fairings (check the instructions for the Richthofen kit #32601) and a small round part at end of

stick, could pass. Otherwise, all plastic is identical between kit 32047 D.Va and kit 32601 D.V that I can see. HTH

On 4/28/2022 at 11:22 PM, vince14 said:

It depends on what boxing you have. If it's one of the later 'brown box' kits, then parts for both types are included. If it's one of the earlier, original boxings then the parts are specific to that version.

The oddball in-between Jasta 5 boxing has the same sprues containing both versions. (I split one with another modeller, which made selecting decals easier as both versions were included. We sold the 3rd model later giving both of us a very economic Albatros)

Given the current WNW state splitting up a J5 box probably isn't very viable any more :(

The PE sheet is different as well between the older, specific boxings, and the Jasta 5 and brown boxes.

Jeroen

Edited by jeroen_R90S

If you are looking for a Albatros kit that has both DV & D.Va parts within it, you will need a Jasta 5 or one of the Brown kit boxings.

The Manfred and the Standard releases only contain the parts for the stated variant on the box.

13 hours ago, jeroen_R90S said:

The oddball in-between Jasta 5 boxing has the same sprues containing both versions. (I split one with another modeller, which made selecting decals easier as both versions were included. We sold the 3rd model later giving both of us a very economic Albatros)

Given the current WNW state splitting up a J5 box probably isn't very viable any more :(

The PE sheet is different as well between the older, specific boxings, and the Jasta 5 and brown boxes.

Jeroen

Excellent. Thanks.

11 hours ago, Dave J said:

If you are looking for a Albatros kit that has both DV & D.Va parts within it, you will need a Jasta 5 or one of the Brown kit boxings.

The Manfred and the Standard releases only contain the parts for the stated variant on the box.

Thanks a bunch, Dave. You doing OK?