Costa Rica

LSP_Ron

I love it there. I’ve stayed at the Arenal hot springs resort, using it as a base for rafting and hiking. I’ve also stayed at Puerto Viejo, on the Caribbean near the Panamanian border. Very relaxed vibe in both places, but Puerto Viejo is a bit warmer than Arenal and takes a couple of days to get used to. Definitely bring binoculars if you are into nature.

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Following, as I am headed to Costa Rica for the first time myself in April! Very much looking forward to it. We found an old hotel that you can rent out, and are going with a group of friends. It's on the mountainside overlooking the ocean. It sounds horrible...

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Been there many times.  Lovely place.  Keep your street smarts and carry the wallet in the front pocket just like anywhere else in the world in urban areas.  If you plan to visit the volcano make sure it's on a clear day.  The cloud layer can sneak up and totally cover the volcano from the optimum viewing points.  The trip takes a few hours and the road is narrow with many, many curves.  The birds, Monkeys and food are all fantastic.  Not necessarily in that order.   Enjoy!  :clap2:

Hi Ron,

I was there for 2 weeks while stationed Aruba in 1993, so a long time ago.

One visit I still rememner is the Pre Columbian Gold Museum in the centre of San Jose, that is my no 1 recommendation.

And I booked a lot of excursions to the jungle, also very nice!

As I said, it has been a long time ago, but it is one of the best holidays I ever had.

Happy traveling,

Rob