1/32 B-17/B-24 aftermarket .50 small ammo can?

thierry laurent

Not yet, Dennis. They are modeled, but I haven't gotten them to print well yet. It may be something I'm doing wrong, so I need to mess with it some more to see if it's just a limitation of my printer. I've also been swamped with other projects, but it hasn't been forgotten. 

1 hour ago, Dennis7423 said:

Other projects? I mean, only about half of LSP Discussion involves you 3D Printing stuff :-p

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

No kidding! Right now, I have 16 active projects underway, ranging from the research stage all the way to almost done. I haven't even mentioned half of them on the forums yet. It's keeping me out of trouble, though. I even drink less, because I don't want to mess them up!!

On the not-so-good side, between this resin stuff and my part-time firefighting gig, the 4 day weekend for the 4th of July didn't seem like much of a weekend at all. I have to go back to my regular job to get a break.

• 2 months later...

Hey hey, lookie what I got!

@BiggTim was kind enough to draw up the smaller ammo can and send some my way for review and quality check. To say I am impressed was an understatement!

We tried a few different packaging methods, but this final one ended up being the best as it protects the tiny fragile can handles. And boy, are they petite and beautiful! One must be careful when removing these from the blocks. I'm looking forward to getting these into my HK B-17F toot-sweet. Pictures once installed are to come.

382299583_743085667645040_1563025992438585444_n

Inside the sturdy packaging block. You'll see why in the next photo.

382294528_1357827165161708_2487163098159426126_n

Look at these little beauties.

382326492_275769325362562_6107947074613292420_n

They are a little hard to capture photos of, because they are so small! But they are spot-on dimensionally when compared to the photoetch ones included in the Eduard interior set for the HK B-17E/F.

I'll defer to Tim about ordering and prices for those who are wanting some of these for their birds. For mine, it will have 10 total mounted inside the nose, along with another strapped to the port side cheek gun. And now I can get there without having to order several Eduard sets! Thanks Tim!

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Thanks for the kind words, Dennis!

These are available at 10 USD per set of 5 (though as Dennis can attest, I will include some spares in case of breakage). I also have the larger 100 round style available at 13 USD per set of 5. I will include some photos when I get home from the regular job today or tomorrow.

Tim

bnbresindesign@gmail.com

4 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Hi 

as this is related does anyone do a stinger tail turret in 1/32 ? Or could you recommend anyone who could print or do design of turrets / interiors if provided with scale drawings? 
thanks !

I'm always willing to take a look at any prospective projects. The worst that could happen is that it either exceeds my abilities, or my spare time, and I pass on it. Feel free to send me what you have, and I will look into it.

Tim

bnbresindesign@gmail.com