Rules of the Road

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, CraigC said:

This is the motivation I need to finish off my Hurricane. Put me down too.

Cool mate, just start a thread or if you need one moved from the WIP section let me know.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. I was expecting an answer to my post but I guess I should have asked here. I am going to try to finish off the 21st century A6M2 conversion to an A6M3 that I started years ago. It's sitting on  my bench now, is it acceptable or should I just post it in work in progress or ready for inspection?

Sabre

4 hours ago, Sabre F-86 said:

Hi. I was expecting an answer to my post but I guess I should have asked here. I am going to try to finish off the 21st century A6M2 conversion to an A6M3 that I started years ago. It's sitting on  my bench now, is it acceptable or should I just post it in work in progress or ready for inspection?

Sabre

Sounds fine to me! It's just a matter of whether you feel you can finish it in the time left in this Group Build. If you've already got a thread started in the WiP forum, I can move it over here for you.

Kev

Perhaps, it is best if I don't post it  in the GB. I made a mistake when I first did the conversion, used a really weird epoxy as a filler to build up the new wing tips. I recollect how much of a monster it was to get the surface contoured and smooth. Well, it's still being a real pain, the scribing does not go well. The stuff is like concrete and dulled my file. Down hill from there.

• 2 months later...
On 4/30/2022 at 4:59 PM, Sabre F-86 said:

Perhaps, it is best if I don't post it  in the GB. I made a mistake when I first did the conversion, used a really weird epoxy as a filler to build up the new wing tips. I recollect how much of a monster it was to get the surface contoured and smooth. Well, it's still being a real pain, the scribing does not go well. The stuff is like concrete and dulled my file. Down hill from there.

Sounds like time to throw some tarps over the wing tips and call it a 'maintenance activity'...  Wet tissue paper can be a REAL FRIEND at times!  :beer4: