1/32 F-16 BDU scheme

Horrido109

13 minutes ago, Horrido109 said:

Good day Dave,

Just a little bit of interesting info relating to the Lightweight vs Heavyweight gear. Previously one feature to recognise the Heavyweight gear was the position of the landing lights on the nose gear door instead of on the main gear leg as in the case of the Lightweight gear. Unfortunately this visual reference in itself isn't accurate anymore because most Lightweight gear F-16's have had their landing lights replaced / relocated to the nose gear door (same as the Heavyweight gear F-16's) while retaining the Lightweight gear. 86-295, Which I'm modelling is such a case and the landing light can clearly be seen on the nose gear door:

123.jpg 

Victor

At least for all the European F-16A´s that were upgraded as part of the MLU programs- to F-16AM´s, the relocation of the landing lights were done due to the introduction of the various Targeting Pods mounted on the side of the intake. They simply blocked the landing lights mounted on the main gear struts.

/Niels

20 minutes ago, Horrido109 said:

The only issue is the decals. I don't know why no one makes accurate 1/32 decals for this.. But your grey and white one looks awesome Pete 

I love the aggressor schemes. Two in the collection already, with another couple planned. Add to that an attempt at ‘Venom’ too. 

2 hours ago, Horrido109 said:

The only issue is the decals. I don't know why no one makes accurate 1/32 decals for this.. But your grey and white one looks awesome Pete 

Two Bobs actually made one for for the BDU style splinter. Its on this sheet:  32-069 F-16C Alaskan Splinters Part 2 - its sold out on their website unfortunately so you need to track it down on eBay or somewhere.

l_32-069b.jpg

/Niels

2 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Two Bobs actually made one for for the BDU style splinter. Its on this sheet:  32-069 F-16C Alaskan Splinters Part 2 - its sold out on their website unfortunately so you need to track it down on eBay or somewhere.

l_32-069b.jpg

/Niels

Hi Niels,

I have this sheet, but in my humble opinion it is unusable to model this kit accurately with it because the colors are totally wrong. Their 1/48 scale sheet suffers the same problem and I understand that it is due to the printing process they use that does not use standard FS codes. At least that is the feedback I received.

Luckily I had a sheet custom designed and printed so I'm sorted