Italeri CF-104 Starfighter "Kicked up a Notch": KLP Publishing eBook now Available!

chuck540z3

That is beautiful Chuck! Really enjoyed your WIP..as always, I’ll take away a technique from you and file it away in the “someday” file. I’ll borrow your yellow paint technique from your Harvard for my Dads T-28B someday, and I’m rethinking my bare metal IAF Mirage IIICJ based on this splendid build-

cheers

Pete

Superb job, good sir!

I particularly like your approach with the raised rivets; it's a good compromise. Since a model is a scale representation of a real thing, I'm all about having it "look" right, because it's not always possible for it to "be" right. Having had a close look at the CF-104 at the Atlantic Canada Aviation Museum, I can say that even though they are flush, the rivets are quite visible, even under paint. 

Cheers,

Allan

• 1 year later...

Kevin Futter has been working hard on an eBook of this build and I’m pleased to announce that it is now available!  While I have built and photographed the model obviously, Kevin has pulled out all the stops and has created 326 pages of the following:

·       13 Pages by Dave Williams ABOUT THE KIT, describing the Italeri kit, all the variants and all the positives and negatives of each version in great detail

·       177 Pages of the BUILD and PAINTING, including two tutorials on PAINTING A SMOOTH GLOSS FINISH and HOW TO APPLY HGW WET TRANSFER DECALS

·       65 Pages of WALKAROUND PHOTOS by Gord McTaggart, with 108 detailed pics of a CF-104 that is housed in the Military Museum of Calgary, Alberta

·       57 Pages of AFTERMARKET PRODUCTS, including 56 detail kits and 59 decal sets

While this build and the walkaround photos are specific to the CF-104, most of this eBook is focused on what is common to all F-104 versions using the Italeri kit.  For those about to start this kit, this eBook is a must-have in my opinion, if for no other reason than to see which version of the kit and what aftermarket goodies are available to purchase, without all the hassle of searching on-line.  Link to the eBook is here and again, all proceeds go directly to Kevin and his growing publishing business.

Building the Italeri CF-104 Starfighter in 1/32 Scale

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

• chuck540z3 changed the title to Italeri CF-104 Starfighter "Kicked up a Notch": KLP Publishing eBook now Available!