O.G. Revell Corsair F4U-1 Finished

Ayovan

On 4/4/2021 at 10:22 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

That's looking quite good for such an old kit - especially since you're building it out-of-box with few to no mods!

Kev

I just couldn't see doing all the upgrades this kit could have used, so I decided to make it more of a nostalgia build. I tried to keep it pretty close to the way it was the first time I built this model, oh 40-45 years ago. WoW!!! This was the last of the O.G. Revell kits I had in my stash. I tried to preserve the raised panel lines and rivets as much as possible, and keep it simple. The overall build was kinda fun, and not a bad looking model in the end. It really makes one appreciate how far model design and engineering has come as far as the detail and quality of the kits available to us today.

Andy

Edited by Ayovan

I spent pretty much the whole day playing with the weathering on this thing. Tried this, didn't like it.  Tried that, looked better. A little too much, wipe it down. Not enough, try some more. Dooh! Too much...try again....LOL  It was kinda fun, and a little nerv racking at the same time. Hard to make that little voice in the back of my head that kept saying " You are gunna screw this up", to be quiet. This is where I ended up walking away from it at. Any tips, suggestions, or criticism is welcomed.

WkaBzQ.jpg

7v13ka.jpg

M20tlG.jpg

Edited by Ayovan

• Ayovan changed the title to O.G. Revell Corsair F4U-1 Finished
29 minutes ago, mgbooyv8 said:

Hi Andy,

That's quick and your Corsair is looking very good! :goodjob:

You show that there's still life in an old kit and that you can have a lot of fun with a nostalgia build.

Cheers,

Peter

Thank You Peter.

I'm home convalescing from covid complications for the last 4 months. I got nuthin better to do. At least when I'm building, I'm not online buying more models. LOL

It was a fun kit. It gave me a chance to kind of learn some weathering techniques. I'm happy with the end result.

Andy

Edited by Ayovan

Nice Corsair and I'm glad your brush with the medics was a short one :) I especially like the weathering . 

The idea of doing Jurassic Plastic once in a while appeals to me  , just a coupla sprues -100 parts or so , and you can be a bit more "experimental" if it's a cheap and old kit .

Relaxing and nostalgic, often in one hit , what's not to like !.

Thank you for the kind words guys.

Im learning a lot from LSP, and the amazing work it's members post here. Making each model a lttle better than the last is what keeps this fun and interesting. I know I'm a total rookie here, but thank you very much.

Andy

• 1 month later...