interesting tool

Neo

Hey guys

ive stumbled onto these mini clamps 

https://www.micromark.com/Mini-Clamps-with-Vinyl-Grips-Set-of-5

i was curious if anyone as tried them and know an similar / alternative place to order them as their shipping price to canada is a bit steep, 

Cheers

Edited by Neo

7 minutes ago, LSP_Mike said:

Interesting. I have a few sets of long spring loaded tweezers as well as some jewelers tweezers with slide locks. I wonder how strong they are?

1-3/8 inch long with 3/16 inch capacity

What I'd like is a ceramic version of those on a rig for soldering items together, it's got to be the most frustrating job I tackle when you've got a blow torch or soldering iron and you 'just' want some brass bits to stay together while you solder for a fraction of a second, instead of which the bits move or you've soldered one bit then while doing the next part the first bit drops off.

Graham 

42 minutes ago, Joe Hegedus said:

which tells one exactly nothing about how much clamping force they provide (i.e. how strong they are).

Seldom does a tool of this sort come with a pressure table, so impossible to say, save for actually performing a test on one

5 hours ago, Joe Hegedus said:

which tells one exactly nothing about how much clamping force they provide (i.e. how strong they are).

In mean we are doing scale models not sure it really matters at this point as long as it hold pieces 

6 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Seldom does a tool of this sort come with a pressure table, so impossible to say, save for actually performing a test on one

Perhaps, but the point was that providing the dimensions was pretty much useless as an answer to the question asked.