Engraving-Hasegawa F-104

Rob Colvin

I know the italeri kit is better. 

I have this hasegawa 104 my father started before he passed a few years ago. I decided to finish her up......add part, add a seat, fix this, sand that.....see where this going lol.

Here is my issue I have engraved the majority of the kit and now that I am down to the end I cannot get the panels mid fuselage near the spine to look correct. Is there a template for the panels? Open to ideas.

Thanks

Alas no. I have yet to understand why nobody has ever released photoetched sets with templates for specific kits in 1/32nd as some were released in 1/48th. I just saw some small templates in Alleycat conversions. This is possibly less relevant as many old kits had been replaced but I'm sure this would have been profitable in the end when you see for how many years some kits are sold. Too bad! 

If you have a Silhouette Portrait or Cameo cutter, you could make scribing templates from 0.25 mm plasticard.  I have used the Chipboard setting on my Portrait to cut that plastic, and while it doesn't cut through, the plastic snaps easily.  Other than that, there are scribing templates in etched stainless steel from Hasegawa/Trytool for example, but you will need to move them around to get the size you want.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hasegawa-Trytool-Template-Set-TP01/dp/B000S6F05Q

9 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Alas no. I have yet to understand why nobody has ever released photoetched sets with templates for specific kits in 1/32nd as some were released in 1/48th. I just saw some small templates in Alleycat conversions. This is possibly less relevant as many old kits had been replaced but I'm sure this would have been profitable in the end when you see for how many years some kits are sold. Too bad! 

The only ones I am familiar with are for the Bf-109 and Fw-190.