Soviet D9 almost complete

Stef (#6)

hello gnets,

Here are some pics of the Completed D9, i hope you'll enjoy.

I say almost complete as I have to reprint a red star for the starboard fuselage, which I damaged when applying the wash ...

I didn't went overboard with the weathering, as, if I understood well, these bird were captured factory fresh ... I'm interested in knowing these planes were used in combat, or simply for testing ...

In order to save LSP's webspace, I've been putting the complete set of pics here : http://rrgriffon.free.fr/d9_web/

but here are some, as an apetizer ...

Hope you'll enjoy, and as usual comments remarks and advice are most welcome ...

Cheers

Stef (#6)

fw190d9_49.jpg

fw190d9_41.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

Nice one Stef! Interesting seeing a D-9 in Soviet markings! I wonder what the Messerschnutt will make of them? :)

Cheers mate,

Jay

Thanks, Jay and Brian ...

glad you like it ....

as for the Messerchnut, well, as I said luftwaffe is not my main interest, so I guess that's a kind of an heresy to their eyes ... :)

I certainly had fun in studying the various and so eclectic painting schemes, and that, was fun ...

But I continue to say taht the 109 is not intresting me, anyway. Would rather go for a Me 262. I've been seeing the completed model from the Flight 66 Hobby shop tenant, in Paris; it will be relased in WingMaster, and that one is a killer; he's mastering the weathering tehcniques at a high level ...

Now, I have to decide what I will do next, alongside my Su 27 ...

Hellcat, MS 406, P-36 .... ? I don't know yet ... or maybe a Ki-84 ...

Stef (#6)

what i especially like is the little piece of anti oxidation color on the canopy. this is a nice color spot. the weathering is very nice, too. but i still have to get used to the markings :rolleyes:

your webpage is ver nice. cool idea with the slide show.

yours klaus

ps: i vote for the Su-27

lol... maybe with german markings.... just joking....

Thanks a lot, gents

Well regarding the Su-27 I will be doing it anyway during 2006 ....

My wife is threatening to have me sleeping on the Living room sofa if I don't build it ... her favorite plane, you see ....

So my fumbling is about the next one to be build during the Su-27 build ...

The anti oxidation on the canopy appeared on a pic in the excellent Japo book rencetly released; As the pics of the captured planes did show an NMF canopy I applied that feature ....

The diaporama stuff is afetaure from Photoshop, easy to use; however, if you don't have photoshop, you may want tu use Picasa, a free software available from the Google page : simple and easy to use to enhance your pics, it allows several types of framing, easier than doing som HTML coding ...

I may be going on with Hellcat ...

Thanks again for your comments ...

Stef (#6)

PS : pour Fab; merci; passe moi un coup de fil si tu as le temps.

S.

Hi Stef, nice and unusual subject! I love te subtle red corners on lower canopy. What a touch!

You said you used new Japo book on Fw190 D9. I know what you are talking. Do yuo think that this book is good as Japo books on Bf 109 G-10/U4 and Bf on Deutsch Brod airfields?

Many thanks.

All the best, Fil