1/32 Bf109-G2

Radub

Radu.... great stuff mate! I think that your work techniques should be photographed and explained for those wheel wells..... I thought about trying to detail them on my last 109 build.... all I could do was just stare at the wells and glue the wings shut!!! I would love to see a build article of how you do your magical work in those wells..... that looks so great!!

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Alan

Thank everyio for your kind words.

bsarnoffca, I am not sure whether this could be made into a master pattern. The roof part was made from 0,1mm plasticard (that is paper thin) glued directly to the kit part, which is close to impossible to cast. The rest of the detail is grafted onto heavily modified and thinned kit parts. Other than casting a whole new wing, I cannot see how else this could be made in resin.

alaninaustria, on my next 109 (and I plan to build a few more), I will try to do a step-by-step narrative accompanied by photos.

Radu

Beautiful work on the wheel wells Radu. So you couldn;t resist the detail. It is that sort of bug. I have come to learn that there is no such thing as an OOB build not even with these latest super kits. You have such patience to place those rivets one by one but they do look great and make such a difference. i shall try it out. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks Brian,

The "extra detail demon" is hard to fight. I will try to be strong :D .

Bsarnoffca, I will not add any engine detail to this particular model. I will definitely do that to a future model. I intend to do some step by step articles and post them on my website eventually. That is a project for the next year. My website is just coming toghether now but I am too busy at the moment to update it.

Radu

wow! fantastic work. one question. how did you make those little white rivets? punch and die? or did you cut a little round-prfile? and what did you use to glue them into place?

its a joy to watch the progress of your modell.

yours klaus

wow! fantastic work. one question. how did you make those little white rivets? punch and die? or did you cut a little round-prfile? and what did you use to glue them into place?

its a joy to watch the progress of your modell.

yours klaus

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for the kind words.

I explained earlier how the rivets were made. here it is again:

Those rivets in the LG throughs were made from stretched "sprue" slices (the sprue was actually a piece of 2mm Evergreen round rod). This was sliced very thin with a scalpel (like salami slices). I picked each of the "rivets" with a fine brush dipped in MekPak and aplied it where needed. After they were dry, I sanded them gently with micromesh which levelled them and smoothed the edges a bit.

HTH

Radu

• 2 months later...

After a short break (Ki61 related), I returned to my 109.

The fuselage is now joined together.

In this picture, the antenna lead-in (circular indentation near last frame) was filled in. This is appropriate for a G4-G6, but not for a G2. It was filled with superglue and sanded.

Radu

post-4-1142961337_thumb.jpg