New from Model Monkey: 1/32 Beaufighter cockpits, dihedral tailplanes and 1/24 Mustang upgrades

Model_Monkey

23 hours ago, D Bellis said:

The truly unfortunate part is that there are almost no period photographic references for any of the radar equipment due to the secret nature of those components at the time.

Happy to report that I stand corrected! The AI Mk.IV operator's manual is online, complete with photos of the equipment (inside and out), schematics and installation diagrams for various aircraft, including the Beaufighter:

http://www.vmarsmanuals.co.uk/archive/258_AI Mk. IV.pdf

It is a big file at 88.4MB, but an amazing resource. 

Some relevant images:

4EdN794.jpg

z7I3amg.jpg

b1JZbIv.jpg

rtpOUoB.jpg

rl714iM.jpg

RFPer51.jpg

:)

D

The tailplanes are in the printer!  It will take about 9 hours to print a set.  I'll post photos shortly.

Edit: the elevators and balance tabs (outer tabs) are separate parts to allow the modeler to position the elevators however one likes and accurately position the balance tabs to accurately complement the position of the elevators.  The trim tabs (inner tabs) will come fixed to the elevators in the neutral position.

Edited by Model_Monkey
Updated.

I'm afraid there is a setback for the tailplanes. I designed the trailing edges of the elevators and balance tabs so thin that the printer failed to produce the trailing edge properly. A significant design change is required for a thicker trailing edge.  The good news is that the stabilizers printed very well.

Stay tuned for tailplanes 2.0.

file.php?id=117203&mode=view

file.php?id=117204&mode=view

file.php?id=117205&mode=view

Edited by Model_Monkey