New Book Tornado

Nic C.D.

Dear all,

I hope it is okay to post this here; I've been busy the last couple of weeks helping out with the new HMH Publications book, the 5th in just 14 months. This time, it covers the Tornado, mainly GR4 and GR4a, but also German and Italian IDS and ECR and Tornado ADV F.3 in an extra chapter. It is at the printers now and it will be presented for the first time in Telford Saturday next.

For the next 12 months, 4 more books are in the works.

Here is a preview:

1k0.jpg

It is 116 pages and like the other 4 (Jaguar, F-16, Mirage 2000 and MiG-29) filled with lots and lots of details.

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

It might come in handy for the Revell and upcoming Italeri kit!

Nic 

57 minutes ago, Southern Bandit said:

Awesome, big fan of the Tornado GR4, looking fwd to this

I reviewed the Mirage 2000 book for the site, and it was/is really excellent. I have no reason to believe this Tornado book will be less so (or the Jaguar book either for that matter).

The Tornado book was presented on Saturday and fortunately it was well received! One of the great things about going to Telford, is that you meet so many great people and get instant feedback. The Tornado was the 5th book in just 15 months, it's so cool to be involved in this series. It sold really well, and so did book 4 on the Fulcrum.

The people visiting Telford where asked what type of aircraft they wanted next in this series and many people answered the same one - upon coming back on Monday, work started right away and requests were made. We hope to have it ready in 6 to 9 months, but we have to start from scratch. One of the next books will be a little bigger, because we're working on a book covering all current versions of the C-130. 

One great anecdote is that on Sunday afternoon, a gentlemen came by and told us he was actually in the back-seat of the Tornado on the cover of the book! How cool is that? 

Thank you everyone for your interest!

Nic

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys! And saying it all started as an accident... The next one should be ready by the end of february - for those that are interested; it's going to be on the Eurofighter Typhoon.

The hardest part of each book is the selection of the photos; going down from 3.000 to 350.

Glad you like them Danny and Dave!

Nic

12 hours ago, Nic C.D. said:

Thanks guys! And saying it all started as an accident... The next one should be ready by the end of february - for those that are interested; it's going to be on the Eurofighter Typhoon.

The hardest part of each book is the selection of the photos; going down from 3.000 to 350.

Glad you like them Danny and Dave!

Nic

I'm planning to get them all Nic, the Eurofighter will also be an really nice subject to read and look about. I think i will buy the F-16 book to, you never can have to many reference books, especially when they are so great like these gem's.

Regards

Danny