ZM 1/32 Horten Ho229..FINISHED

Robthepom

Thanks guys, if you like details then this is the kit for you, I'm just taking my time doing bits when i get the chance.

My brush painting has improved mainly because i have switched from Tamiya acrylics to Vallejo model colour paints. the Vallejo is so smooth and gives great coverage. The only problem is I cant buy it locally.

I got quiet a bit finished last night, cockpit is in and i trimmed the junction box wiring, i couldnt quite get the silver foil to work as tie downs for the cables so had to use wire painted silver, I'm not happy with it so I might try flatened lead wire or wine bottle foil:hmmm:

Next up is the seat and the IP, i have ordered HGW belts but i might have a crack at painting the moulded belts as well:frantic:

thanks for looking in

OHINz8z.jpg?1

c8LHyy5.jpg?1

GBtoOj5.jpg?1

TdJ3Xcr.jpg

xo5CSvl.jpg

Outstanding work - to simulate the cable wraps (strapping) I use Tamiya tape, sliced length-wise (before painting) to the desired width of the strapping you want, then painted black. After the paint has dried, I go over it again with a metallic hue (titanium silver) and then I just peel off the strapping I need, the tape has the correct tone, is malleable and has adhesive on one side... looks good too!  

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

34 minutes ago, alaninaustria said:

Outstanding work - to simulate the cable wraps (strapping) I use Tamiya tape, sliced length-wise (before painting) to the desired width of the strapping you want, then painted black. After the paint has dried, I go over it again with a metallic hue (titanium silver) and then I just peel off the strapping I need, the tape has the correct tone, is malleable and has adhesive on one side... looks good too!  

Cheers

Alan

Great tip, thanks very much

5 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

Cheers

Alan

You can buy Tamiya-like tape in widths down to 0.4mm... 

https://hlj.com/product/AIZ00014/Sup

Great work as always Rob.

One thing I've tried a couple times for silver stripes is Hasegawa's foil. It's actually a thin self adhesive Mylar film and comes in various shades/ finishes. It may be worth checking out. I use it for the oleos on landing gear. 

Carl

something for the weekend, yes seatbelts are here, perfect timing and will finish the engine cockpit section

I have never used AM belts so it should be an interesting night, I'm thankful for all the reference builds on the internet, they look very complex

4asfGRo.jpg?1

4TuM7LE.jpg

mGj6K03.jpg

I used the painted Tamiya tape for the cable clamps, the look much better, more photos when the center section is finished