Hobbyboss 1/18 AV-8B Harrier II released

Guest Vulcan32

HAHA, I was going to PM you and see what you thought of the parts, but your post answered that question. That seat in a Harrier is so visible because of where it sets, especially with that big bubble canopy open, it just screams for the AMS treatment. Hopefully Harold can do something with this stuff. Many thanks.

Chuck

53 minutes ago, otis252 said:

HAHA, I was going to PM you and see what you thought of the parts, but your post answered that question. That seat in a Harrier is so visible because of where it sets, especially with that big bubble canopy open, it just screams for the AMS treatment. Hopefully Harold can do something with this stuff. Many thanks.

Chuck

That seat needs some serious help. 

Its more an Action Man/GI Joe scale accessory thing though?

Right?

I dont think this kit is really intended for our LSP audience, apart from being a side track fun build for some?

Please dont get me wrong, really do love Harriers with my late old RAF Dad having served with them in the Cold war in Germany.

It will take a brave modeller to take this toy and scratch build most parts of it into something special at 1/18 scale.

The larger the scale the more scrutiny and indeed more exacting scratch building will be needed.

Not for me ... My Trumpeter 1/32 GR-7 Harrier has enough detail problems to fix.

On 8/29/2018 at 7:05 AM, AnthonyWan said:

If Harald puts out some sets I might have to get one of these! ;)

I am looking at the pit and wheels right now. What a mess. I right now I am not all that excited about doing anything for it. I will do a little more "emagineering" in my head to see how I can do something about it, BUT.....

Edited by Harold

41 minutes ago, otis252 said:

I know it's a mess, but if you could just do something with that seat. Headrest, belts, anything would help.

Chuck

Yep, I am going to cast the rear rail section of the kit seat today. Then the front pan section later today. I need the foundation as a starter. We shall see...

32 minutes ago, Harold said:

Can anyone guide me to some good photos of the seat, including the top? I have few, but still need more views and better photos, some are to dark in areas I need to see.

Hit up Dave Roof.....i am sure he has all the photos you could want.

Greetings all,

I need some help, and I already tried Dave Roof, no reply as of yet. In the meantime,

I'm looking for very detailed shots of the gun / ammo pods, the crossover fairing and, the center line pylon for the Targeting pod. I recently acquired a resin gun pod for my 1/18th scale Harrier (pre-built one, not the kit) and I'm in need of good reference photos. I'm going to have to scratch-build the pylon for the Targeting pod and address the crossover fairing as well, thanks for the help.

Steve

Edited by A-10LOADER