B-25J Betty's Dream(ing) of a French Kiss

BloorwestSiR

I'm still trying to figure out if Betty's Dream had the same size seat in the co pilots side as the pilot. Photos in the Warpath across the Pacific show the same size seat as the pilots in some aircraft with the armor behind it. I wonder if it was retrofitted as they were gunships etc.

Edited by Maxim

Time for a small update. I was comparing the PE sets from Profimodeler and Eduard for the bomb bay. It turns out they're almost complimentary to each other. Without much overlap. The Profimodeler set focuses on the upper and outer surfaces of the bay while the Eduard one does the bomb bay interior. There's definitely a difference between the two in terms of quality and fit.

I started with the bay roof.

DSC_0083-L.jpg

I added a couple of bits here and then did a test fit of all the bay walls. I then placed the rear bulkhead in place to mark where to remove material for the crawl space.

DSC_0084-L.jpg

This was then chain drilled and I'll clean it up tonight.

DSC_0086-L.jpg

One thing I've noticed is several of the Profimodeler panels don't fit/cover very well. I'll try to post pics when I get to those.

Carl

Actually if you are having trouble using super glue with photo etch try using Future. It bonds the etch really well once it becomes tacky.