2018 IPMS Phoenix Convention

phantom

Oh snap, everyone I like is going and yet, I am unable to say the definitive yes or no. So frustrating. 

If you get the "call up" don't worry about the Nats...It's far more important Martin...but I don't have to tell you that do I?  :whistle:

I have five letters that would make this gathering just about darn near perfect.....\

K

A

R

I

M

Now wouldn't that be darn near the icing on the cake.. I'd have a big old sheeit eatin' grin on, give him a big ol' sloppy wet kiss on the cheek and I might even break down and buy him a beer. Or 20.

Brother Ernie the pleasure would be reciprocal believe me. I was just discussing this with Jaroslav. This year is most probably close to impossible. What we can do and more specifically me is bid for leave for the next nats. Is it an annual event or every two years?

I had this silly idea of trying to work out an LSP gathering someday somewhere halfway between where we all live with a whole program of events and celebrations. That would be a lovely thing. I for myself wouldn't mind flying anywhere in the world to spend a week with the LSP family and brothers. Seriously

Brother Ernie the pleasure would be reciprocal believe me. I was just discussing this with Jaroslav. This year is most probably close to impossible. What we can do and more specifically me is bid for leave for the next nats. Is it an annual event or every two years?

I had this silly idea of trying to work out an LSP gathering someday somewhere halfway between where we all live with a whole program of events and celebrations. That would be a lovely thing. I for myself wouldn't mind flying anywhere in the world to spend a week with the LSP family and brothers. Seriously

Ah bummer my friend!  There are SO many LSPers going this year, that I just had to find a way to attend......................and with the help of some LSPers I finally have!   Would be a shame to not see you there, but it is very understandable.................still we are all hoping against hope it might be possible for you! 

Guest Clunkmeister

Actually, anywhere in Europe would probably be a pretty close to halfway spot for everyone.

I'd love to get to Czech Republic, Poland, or somewhere close so we could all check out some of these great Eastern European resin and PE manufacturers...

Man I would love to go next year, but this year will be my first, and only Nats for me for a LONG time. I usually use my vacation time and funds for family stuff we can do together, but my wife and kids weren't too fired up about Phoenix, and not in August, so they kindly said I should go alone and enjoy myself. I will not likely be able to go again for many years, unless by some miracle they hold it nearer the Pacific Northwest someday. Seattle? Portland? Both VERY, VERY nice in August.

Now, if they held Nats, or if we had an LSP gathering, somewhere my family wanted to go with, that might change things. And no, we don't want to go anywhere in the South in August, either. Phoenix would be preferable to that humidity.  :D

It's an annual deal. Next year (2019) it's in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Man I would love to go next year, but this year will be my first, and only Nats for me for a LONG time. I usually use my vacation time and funds for family stuff we can do together, but my wife and kids weren't too fired up about Phoenix, and not in August, so they kindly said I should go alone and enjoy myself. I will not likely be able to go again for many years, unless by some miracle they hold it nearer the Pacific Northwest someday. Seattle? Portland? Both VERY, VERY nice in August.

Now, if they held Nats, or if we had an LSP gathering, somewhere my family wanted to go with, that might change things. And no, we don't want to go anywhere in the South in August, either. Phoenix would be preferable to that humidity.  :D

Well thanks to your generosity Tim, Clunk and John wont have to trip over me while on a trip to the bathroom!  Should be a good time as we will all get to hang out and enjoy our hobby. Not too much Id like to see outside the hotel in PHX in August so Itll be 4 solid days of geeking out, hanging with friends, and eating and drinking! 

Seems TN next year might be a possibility for Jaroslav and for me. Will plan accordingly. Would you guys be interested in a trip to europe to attend any of the big shows there sometime next year? Moson, Eday, Plastic winter in Bratislava or even Telford possibly?

Just throwing the idea around

Hey let's all go meet up in Europe and do one of these! https://stephenambrosetours.com/tour/band-of-brothers-tour/

That would rock, but not in the Visa cards for me!

Seems TN next year might be a possibility for Jaroslav and for me. Will plan accordingly. Would you guys be interested in a trip to europe to attend any of the big shows there sometime next year? Moson, Eday, Plastic winter in Bratislava or even Telford possibly?

Just throwing the idea around

Interested, yes!! Likely to fork out for it, probably not in the next few years (daughter starting college, etc.)