2018 IPMS Phoenix Convention

phantom

The schedule is available on the main convention site. That's where I got it, anyway. 

Also, has anyone considered how the LSP group is going to communicate while we're at the convention? I presume that all, or most, of us have some sort of smart device, but not all are on FB, and most probably won't want to pass out cell numbers to a bunch of crazy psycho nerds like us. 

Anyone have any suggestions? Skype chat? Snapchat? 

The schedule is available on the main convention site. That's where I got it, anyway. 

Also, has anyone considered how the LSP group is going to communicate while we're at the convention? I presume that all, or most, of us have some sort of smart device, but not all are on FB, and most probably won't want to pass out cell numbers to a bunch of crazy psycho nerds like us. 

Anyone have any suggestions? Skype chat? Snapchat? 

Good question.............I know you can do multiple PMs to people on LSP in a kind of "group PM", but not sure how it would work if we missed including someone.   

I'm not a huge snapchat user, but my kids use to communicate with groups of friends all the time, so that might work. I'll have to look into it. It could always be uninstalled afterward.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I correct in understanding it'll cost me $45.00 to enter a model for competition at the Nats?

Cheers,

Wolf

Yes, plus if you are not an IPMS USA member - you need an additional $35 also to bring that to active status to even register. 

Chalk it up to an even 2 bills canadian by the time you add the Pima tour (cause you have to do the boneyard - it's a playground for modellers) 

I did Anaheim in '06 and we had free run in Yanks Air Museum. 

If you register for the convention, you pay the one fee and that is good for all 4 days. That is good for entering your models, vendor room and seminars.

In past conventions they have had daily entrance fees, I do not think with the daily fees you can enter models.

Thanks Mike and Drew.

Just to clarify though, being a member of IPMS Canada will suffice? Eh? ;)

Cheers,

Wolf

It used to be but I have no clue if that has changed. Best send a query to know for sure.