Alternatives for Photobucket

Eagle Driver

Enjoy the slow ride into the corporate dictatorship/police state and their new take on customer service.

We're not there yet???

BTW. Awesome post, Kev.

This needs looking into.

When I checked PB T&C's, I don't remember signing up to "we can unilaterally change our T&C's with no notice, knacker any links you embeded over the last 7 years & charge you a $400 ransom to put things back".

Regardless of T&C's, there are enough corporate lawyers out there to make them close to worthless.

I have now switched to Postimage.org.....very simple and fast! I am lucky as most of my photos that are on PhotoBucket I had backed up on discs as I went along so I won't be bothering to do any transferring....I am still livid to think that all the past posts that we all did have vanished into the ether...really not on PB!....seems illegal to me that there was no warning....but that's seems to be the way things are going now on the internet.

Hey buddy! How are you? Long time no hear from u.

You are lucky. I had only 10% stored. Let's say 50% is worthless, still I am 40% down under.

Hey buddy! How are you? Long time no hear from u.

You are lucky. I had only 10% stored. Let's say 50% is worthless, still I am 40% down under.

Yea ..doing good!...hope you are ok as well..A real bugger this PB thing!

Ha. I just learned NewCorp owns Photobucket.

Rupert strikes again.

Not anymore, and for a long time, Dale. News corp resold PB in 2010 at a loss of USD 29 millions.

They belong to a a number of fenture capital companies.

Hubert

finally got IMGUR to work, but it's not easy. Have to use the full browser to get the option for the img code to embed picture in post. Their iOS app only gives the option for the link, which makes the app almost useless.

1VrUFjo.jpg

Edited by Dave Williams

Apparently the option to get the codes is only in the full browser version. The iOS app only allows copy the link.

The raw URL (image link) can still be used, as long as it points directly to the image, and not some version of a web page that contains it. Once you've copied the link, use the 'image' button on the edit window toolbar to paste it in as an image. You did mention iOS, however, and I'm aware that the toolbar is often not available in that environment, which is a shame.

In the latest version of the forum software, which we've held off upgrading to so far, but will have to eventually, they've removed support for bbCode altogether, so your only option will be to use the direct link. I only hope that it works better with iOS, but I haven't had the opportunity to test it, unfortunately.

Kev

Is it so out of the question to ask the forums to make it so you just just upload from your computer?

Model ship world does it.

RC Groups does it.

And a couple of others I can't remember.

When it comes to all the suggestions you guys have made, I don't begin to understand what you're all on about.  Codes, ToS, etc? Nah, can't be bothered with all that.  Not so nuts on getting my stuff on the forum anyway. I took back any pics on PB that I didn't have on my hard drive, last weekend. Now they can go hang for all I care.  I ain't paying for nuttn'.

So, I guess it's Bye bye and thanks for all the fish.

Martin

Edited by GuildAero

The raw URL (image link) can still be used, as long as it points directly to the image, and not some version of a web page that contains it. Once you've copied the link, use the 'image' button on the edit window toolbar to paste it in as an image. You did mention iOS, however, and I'm aware that the toolbar is often not available in that environment, which is a shame.

In the latest version of the forum software, which we've held off upgrading to so far, but will have to eventually, they've removed support for bbCode altogether, so your only option will be to use the direct link. I only hope that it works better with iOS, but I haven't had the opportunity to test it, unfortunately.

Kev

Copy link is the only option I have in the IMGUR app.

https://i.imgur.com/1VrUFjo.jpg

I don't have the edit toolbar with the image icon on the post/edit window here.