1/18 French SBD Dauntless, Indochina 1947

richdlc

many thanks guys

thanks for the great photos Radley, shame I didn't meet you in person this year. I keep meaning to ask you to go for a drink.

ps, not sure what's next, if anything. Kind of draining to focus on one thing for 2 years. I may even go back to dioramas and military stuff

Get your self a nice small kit, the V1 Fi-103R I built was brilliant, maybe the new Takom V2 when it's here (with truck). Did you ever start that Invader you got last year?

Do you go to any shows up north? We've got Bolton in Jan, Huddersfield in Feb.. be good to catch up.

Guest Peterpools

Rich

Brilliant, simply gorgeous; your attention to detail and realistic weathering is incredible. Just a joy to have followed your progress throughout the build.

Take a well earned break, maybe spend some bench time on a quicker build and please don't stray to the dark side.

Awesome work my friend, simply.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

was lucky enough to see this and be given a personal tour by Rich at SMW :)

Impressive is too small a word to use - mind-blowing more fits the bill. Every inch of the airframe is wonderfully observed and the brave decision to paint all that metal skinning just adds a lifelike patina that just couldn't be captured any other way. Every detail is a feast for the eyes - I loved it

Congrats on your award Rich, though I agree with others, I think it should have placed higher :mental:

now you can forget about those sentiments of having a break from such intense aeroplane builds - that would be like Van Gogh deciding to start painting road markings...

Peter