1/32 IL2m Sturmovik

skeletonmode

All the AK stuff in the background is enamels. I do have some of their acrylics for early war panzers somewhere though.

As for the enamels I love them, them and MIG are unsurpassed I think really in terms of enamels, I'm going to get into some more of their acrylic stuff as well, they're doing some new interesting stuff with semi transparent acrylic glazes that Ive seen recently.

Edited by skeletonmode

Cheers man.

Oh by the way, I'm going to be doing a winter base for this, I have some 1/32 soviet pilot figures but the faces are terrible. Master box is supposed to be doing a ww2 soviet airfield personnel box in 1/32 but it never seems to appear. Does anyone have some good recommendations in this scale? Obviously wings cockpit figures would be ideal but it looks like hes not doing business anymore.

Hi skeletonmode,

very nice build. My two cents regarding white color over red stars - if you wish to interpret aircraft covered with freezing and snow, than it OK. However, if that white color should represent winter camo on the operational aircraft let's say ready to fly, then red stars should be nice clear semigloss/gloss red. Something like here:

z18white.jpg

You can find more pics at http://www.mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/il-2/il2-camo/il2-1942/il-2model1942wintercamo.htm or one here http://www.color-moment.sk/images/portfolio/Il-2-2.jpg ;-)

Happy modellling.

66misos

Ah nice pic, yeah I was actually pulling the paint back off down to the white then green rather than trying to go over, and the white frosting over it is meant to be frost not paint, it'll come across better when I do the base I hope, even the prop is a bit frosted up now. I do think there's a difference between the field applied and factory applied winter camo though, there's definitely pics where they have gone roughly up to/over the edge of the preexisting star or just left a hole for it rather than doing a new one, theres one on that page you linked with the whitewash going over the star. But yeah it's more suppose to be damage to the finish rather than whitewashing.

QuEkAaD.jpg

TXsVokY.jpg

Ive done all the acrylic stuff on it and now Im moving on to the enamels so hopefully itll come across better after that.

Welcome to the forum.

The bird looks great. How did you apply the whitewash?

I think it is a good time now where we can not only see Spitfires 109's and P51's, but also Il-2 and Yaks.

BTW: "Clean up needed in Il-2". ;)

Welcome to the forum.

The bird looks great. How did you apply the whitewash?

I think it is a good time now where we can not only see Spitfires 109's and P51's, but also Il-2 and Yaks.

BTW: "Clean up needed in Il-2". ;)

cheers! One sponge with white, one sponge with nothing, build up the rough texture with the loaded sponge and then diffuse it back with the blank sponge if it gets too heavy. After that just mist the most transparent thin white you can make over it with an airbrush so its a bit more homogeneous.

cheers! One sponge with white, one sponge with nothing, build up the rough texture with the loaded sponge and then diffuse it back with the blank sponge if it gets too heavy. After that just mist the most transparent thin white you can make over it with an airbrush so its a bit more homogeneous.

Cheers mate.

I have the two seater M3. I'm really looking forward to building it. I'd love a nice Pe-2 to go with it. :)