Eduards news!!!

Fenous

Guest Peterpools

Caught my eye and just had to have it. One Beautiful Sikorsky.

My kit arrived yesterday and just might go for it after the Mossie.

hlavicka_zpshjfar60j.png

1/72 scale

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Matt

The kit looks great and the photo reference book is excellent .

Duncan

I only wish it was the actual box art but it is just Eduard's ad photo from their web site. I'm pretty sure the box art is the same here as across the pond

Hubert

Would be great to have the big Sikorsky in 32nd scale but it surely would have been way too big for my display cabinet and a bit more then $59.99

Peter

... But any knowledgeable 1/32 modeller knows that the £100+ price tag - and that the cheaper end of the scale - is an awful lot of money for an already available Hasegawa mold & some bits of AM ...

When I decided to buy a P.47 some time ago, I had 2 choices ... A Hasegawa kit at $50 AUD out of Japan + $20 AUD Tracked, Airmail postage ... Or Trumpeter at $70 AUD + $20 AUD Tracked, Airmail postage out of Hong Kong.

I went for the Trumpy ... Both have issues (as any kit does) ... yet the Trumpy was a more 'complete' kit (read: no real need for AM) OOB and most reviews were half decent.

100.00 GBP currently equals about $160 AUD ... 'nuff said!!

Rog :)

Five in stock at Hannants.

Wonder how difficult they'll be to shift? From what I've seen, there is certainly interest in the subject, but any knowledgeable 1/32 modeller knows that the £100+ price tag - and that the cheaper end of the scale - is an awful lot of money for an already available Hasegawa mold & some bits of AM.

I suspect they will shift them quite quickly despite the price tag. I have just had my allocation cut in half by my Distributor due to "Huge demand" (and have pre-orders on half of them already).

Get them where you can for whatever you can afford if you want one as they really won't be around for very long I suspect.

Duncan B

www.BlackMikeModels.co.uk

Matt

The kit looks great and the photo reference book is excellent .

Duncan

I only wish it was the actual box art but it is just Eduard's ad photo from their web site. I'm pretty sure the box art is the same here as across the pond

Hubert

Would be great to have the big Sikorsky in 32nd scale but it surely would have been way too big for my display cabinet and a bit more then $59.99

Peter

Thanks for clearing that up Peter, shame it isn't the box art as it's very eye catching.

I will have them in stock early next week.

Duncan B

I suspect they will shift them quite quickly despite the price tag. I have just had my allocation cut in half by my Distributor due to "Huge demand" (and have pre-orders on half of them already).

Get them where you can for whatever you can afford if you want one as they really won't be around for very long I suspect.

Duncan B

www.BlackMikeModels.co.uk

I must say your pricing of £80 is far, far more reasonable than I've seen elsewhere.

For me though, the kit looks like a very slightly improved profipack. And I'd never pay anywhere near £80 for an Eduard Profipack.

That's still absolute insanity.

couldn't agree more - this is still a Hassy Jug with some flashy decals to me

if you are a P-47 devotee then maybe, just maybe

but if not, are we really saying this is comparable to a Tamiya 1/32 offering?

whatever turns people on, but they're all nuts as far as i'm concerned!!

:)

I must say your pricing of £80 is far, far more reasonable than I've seen elsewhere.

For me though, the kit looks like a very slightly improved profipack. And I'd never pay anywhere near £80 for an Eduard Profipack.

Thanks for your feedback on my pricing Dean. I probably could charge a little more and still sell this kit but I feel that a fair price is important in gaining trust and custom from within the modelling community.

I have all the current EduArt releases in stock and have to say that I was (and still am) excited by this series of releases from Eduard as they appeal to the 'Collector' side of me as much as the 'Modeller'. The addition of the A2 Prints of the specially commissioned box art and the very limited edition nature (999 kits for the 1/48 releases and 2000 for this particular kit) is what differentiates these releases from the Profipack kits Eduard produce. I agree that those reasons alone will not be enough to tempt the main stream modellers who might not have a particular connection to these subjects to part with their cash but I'm sure that is not the market that Eduard have identified for this exclusive series of releases. 

Duncan B

(Due to demand my Distributor halved my allocation of this kit and I have now sold out.) 

Edited by BlackMikeModels

• 2 weeks later...